S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

AC Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 GL63
AC Problem

my S550 is having AC problems, its blowing warm air, brought it to the dealer 2 times

1st time, they said they find a leak and fixed it, and find out the aux fan is not working correctly, they change the fan switch then ask me to go pickup the car, ok when the valet give me my key, im pissed, still blowing hot air, i can't imagine they don't even quality control the whole service, my advisor ask me to bring the car back in monday since that was a fri

ok 2nd visit, they took my car in for 4 days and told me they found out the expansion valve is not working rite, replaced it and told me everything is ok on thurday, so i went to pickup the car

so now, one week after, same problem came up again, blowing warm air in the nice CA afternoon over 90F

i think i gonna bring it to another dealer tomorrow, Penske sux
Old 08-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,438 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by kuruma
i think i gonna bring it to another dealer tomorrow
Mention:

DTB P-B-83.00/109d request they utilize EDAC (MBUSA enhanced diagnostic assistance center) to diagnose.

P-B-83.55/101a the compressor may be contacting the upper section of the oil pan this will result in no refrigerant being delivered resolved by installing shims at all three contact points.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 White/brown Nappa S550, '13 S550 4 matic, 11 S550 sold, '10 S550 Sports BLACK 08 S550 P3 sport
Originally Posted by kuruma
my S550 is having AC problems, its blowing warm air, brought it to the dealer 2 times

1st time, they said they find a leak and fixed it, and find out the aux fan is not working correctly, they change the fan switch then ask me to go pickup the car, ok when the valet give me my key, im pissed, still blowing hot air, i can't imagine they don't even quality control the whole service, my advisor ask me to bring the car back in monday since that was a fri

ok 2nd visit, they took my car in for 4 days and told me they found out the expansion valve is not working rite, replaced it and told me everything is ok on thurday, so i went to pickup the car

so now, one week after, same problem came up again, blowing warm air in the nice CA afternoon over 90F
i think i gonna bring it to another dealer tomorrow, Penske sux

thats crazy. talk to the service manager, or the DM. also the other dealer wont be able to do anything because the first dealer has already been paid for the warranty work. the only way around it is if U call the Service District Mgr and complain about the dealership. good luck...
Old 08-06-2009, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 GL63
tomorrow will be the 3rd day at the other dealership, my advisor was telling me that a collapsed hose was found, and that will be replaced, dunno if that will cure the problem or not

and thanks konigstiger

i will mention those DTB to the advisor tomorrow also