S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

OT: Just got back from San Francisco

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 01:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'09 S63 AMG
OT: Just got back from San Francisco

Wow!

Great city. Great food!

Spent a few days cruising the city with the family and then went up to Napa valley/Sonoma. My my! What awesome scenery - esp. on the drive up to Napa. Visited Castello di Amorosa winery. Stunning place - great castle and awesome wine. For the wine connoisseurs out there this is a must see.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK500 SPORT
Glad to see you enjoyed Cali.....
Old 08-18-2009, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
This is even more off topic, but what do you like about Austin that you've labeled it "Paradise"

Feel free to PM if its something you would prefer not to post.

I've never visited Austin, so this isn't a ploy by me to attack your reply. I'm just always curious when people are thrilled to live somewhere.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2007 S600
And this is even more off topic. Has anyone else been having a hard time with MBWorld website? I have been having a difficult time accessing it due to it "being too busy, try again later" message.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Originally Posted by Vik888
This is even more off topic, but what do you like about Austin that you've labeled it "Paradise"

I've never visited Austin, so this isn't a ploy by me to attack your reply. I'm just always curious when people are thrilled to live somewhere.
My guess? ()
Paradise + virgins = 70
Am I good with math or what
Old 08-18-2009, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
Originally Posted by trumpet1
And this is even more off topic. Has anyone else been having a hard time with MBWorld website? I have been having a difficult time accessing it due to it "being too busy, try again later" message.
I think everybody had a problem yesterday.
Vraa claims datatabase back up, maintenance and fixinging few minor server problems.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:59 AM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 CL65
Good to hear you had a fun trip, AG

Indeed, SF region is addictive for its near-perfect weather, many nearby twisties/topography for fun drives, great food (esp fresh produce)

Truly appreciate how spoiling is SF Peninsula (or LA's Westside and Malibu cyn twisties) when one travels to places like Chicago or Dallas or NYC and realizes what is hot/humid or cold/slushy weather and sees boring, straight, flat roads anywhere within 100+ mis of civilization
Old 08-19-2009, 01:46 AM

'09 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by Vik888

Why is Austin called paradise? Really?

1/2 of CA has moved here. Okay that's an exaggeration but not by far. How about this:

1) Perfect weather. Summers are HOT but.... at least you can be in a pool and have the A/C on.

2) Hi Tech economy and great job growth: Known as Silicon hills. Most wired city in the US. Most # of adults with advanced college degrees.

3) Beautiful geography. Looks very Meditteranean

4) Hot chicks and the best BBQ.

Can't think of any other city incl. SF that would have all these. It's no wonder that the TX economy is the ONLY one in the U.S that's booming in this current downturn.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:51 AM

'09 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by WSH
Good to hear you had a fun trip, AG

Indeed, SF region is addictive for its near-perfect weather, many nearby twisties/topography for fun drives, great food (esp fresh produce)

Truly appreciate how spoiling is SF Peninsula (or LA's Westside and Malibu cyn twisties) when one travels to places like Chicago or Dallas or NYC and realizes what is hot/humid or cold/slushy weather and sees boring, straight, flat roads anywhere within 100+ mis of civilization
The weather was a bit too chilly for the wife/kids but I loved it. Avg. temps during the day were in the low 70's and nights were in the high 50's!! Compared to near 100 in Austin.

I loved the downtown area - Lombard Str - great party town.

The drive to Napa - Calistoga was awesome. Went on one of the windiest roads I've ever seen: Mark West Springs Rd. and then Petrified Forest Rd. Wish I had my S63 with me

Last edited by AustinGuy; 08-19-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
Well hopefully you can convince the other half of Calif to move there so prices come down here in SoCal.

Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely have to check it out one of these days.

I'm always happy to hear from people that are very happy about where they live. Its interesting to get different people's views on what they like about their area.

Originally Posted by AustinGuy
Why is Austin called paradise? Really?

1/2 of CA has moved here. Okay that's an exaggeration but not by far. How about this:

1) Perfect weather. Summers are HOT but.... at least you can be in a pool and have the A/C on.

2) Hi Tech economy and great job growth: Known as Silicon hills. Most wired city in the US. Most # of adults with advanced college degrees.

3) Beautiful geography. Looks very Meditteranean

4) Hot chicks and the best BBQ.

Can't think of any other city incl. SF that would have all these. It's no wonder that the TX economy is the ONLY one in the U.S that's booming in this current downturn.