S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Looking for S63 bodykit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 04:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 S550, 08 Escalade, 08 H2
Looking for S63 bodykit

Hello guys,

I just bought an 2007 S550 without the sport package so I decide to do the S63 look on my mercedes. Do you guys have any recommendations on OEM or aftermarket AMG kits?

Thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL65 AMG , white S550 Sport w/ white Giovanna 22s, wild custom chopper
This is a tough gig - after market AMG copies from a few vendors are fiber glass. Easy to damage, hard to repair, not very durable and do not line up very cleanly. Even if you look at Lorinser, Brabus, WALD and other tuners' outfitted cars - the lines are perfect where the body kit lines up to the body sheet metal. The body shops hate dealing with putting these on when someone expects the same result as stock, takes lots of modification or fabrication.

Does anyone know of kits made from flexible plastic/polymers like the stock stuff?

I think you're better off getting the stock front and rear bumper covers from Benz, the S63 rear valance to allow for quad tips and the front fog lamps for AMG, plus the grill inserts. There are also some structural parts and beauty covers in the wheel wells needed to fit the bumper covers. If you get serious, I can take some pictures of my car to show you what's needed.
Get a good body shop to paint and install that can use the stock rivets from Mercedes. This is a more expensive way to go, but you will get cleaner results.

One this to consider is to go with 2010+ AMG styling panels since they have been updated. It should line up, but you will need different fogs (LED-based for the front) and that won't work with your front SAM (computer that runs a bunch of features including the front lights). You'll have to do some custom stuff to make those work. they might run off stock wiring, but the amperage load is different on the LED-based fogs and the SAM might turn them off or report errors.

Originally Posted by Ahmedito
Hello guys,

I just bought an 2007 S550 without the sport package so I decide to do the S63 look on my mercedes. Do you guys have any recommendations on OEM or aftermarket AMG kits?

Thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP
I would check with the dealership. When I updated my 3 Series to a M-Sport, I went through dealership and they gave me a comparable price. So if you can't find an aftermarket kit, it never hurts to go to the source.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:41 PM

2010 S600 sold
Originally Posted by CL55_Serge
This is a tough gig - after market AMG copies from a few vendors are fiber glass. Easy to damage, hard to repair, not very durable and do not line up very cleanly. Even if you look at Lorinser, Brabus, WALD and other tuners' outfitted cars - the lines are perfect where the body kit lines up to the body sheet metal. The body shops hate dealing with putting these on when someone expects the same result as stock, takes lots of modification or fabrication.

Does anyone know of kits made from flexible plastic/polymers like the stock stuff?

I think you're better off getting the stock front and rear bumper covers from Benz, the S63 rear valance to allow for quad tips and the front fog lamps for AMG, plus the grill inserts. There are also some structural parts and beauty covers in the wheel wells needed to fit the bumper covers. If you get serious, I can take some pictures of my car to show you what's needed.
Get a good body shop to paint and install that can use the stock rivets from Mercedes. This is a more expensive way to go, but you will get cleaner results.

One this to consider is to go with 2010+ AMG styling panels since they have been updated. It should line up, but you will need different fogs (LED-based for the front) and that won't work with your front SAM (computer that runs a bunch of features including the front lights). You'll have to do some custom stuff to make those work. they might run off stock wiring, but the amperage load is different on the LED-based fogs and the SAM might turn them off or report errors.
Lots of useful information. Thanxs.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP
I just found this a few minutes ago.

http://www.carid.com/product.php?pro...t=90384&page=1
Old 10-24-2009, 03:40 AM

2007 s600 2007 cls63
definitely go OEM...I went aftermarket and believe me, the money that you saved by going aftermarket will go to your bodyshop to resurface/refinish the crappy kit to get it to look and fit right. all websites will claim that their aftermarket amg kit will fit perfect but its never the case (I think the same factory in china makes all the different aftermarket kits whether it be lorinser/brabus/amg style) plus you'd still need to have the exhaust replaced to fill in the rear valence cutout anyways..its just major $$$ one way or another