S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Mbrace to replace teleaid?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by MBluv
I haven't posted here before, but I just had to share my horrible experience with mbrace.

I decided to switch the teleaid in my MB over to mbrace because I liked the idea of the i-phone app. I took my car to the dealer about a week ago. They kept the car overnight and gave me a loaner. There was no switching fee, but I did give my credit card info to the dealer to pay the mbrace service fee.

I was told it would take 24 - 48 hours to process the data before I could use the service. I tried using the service the following day (over 24 hours) but the person who answered said they were unable to locate my account. They asked me to spell my name, asked for my account number (I was never given an account number). They even asked for my VIN even though I was driving. I got frustrated with the long hold times and bad setup and asked if I would have to give my VIN number if I were involved in an accident. I then got transferred to the "registration department". The person there told me to wait another 24 hours and try again. I tried another 24 hours later and basically went through the same exact thing including the LONG hold times and repeated apologies (as mentioned by others here). I waited another day and tried again... after waiting 2 minutes for the first person to talk to me I was informed that I was in a car completely different from mine (like someone else said too). When I said no, the person responded "that's not what I'm showing" (apparently their systems are more correct than me sitting in the car!) I spent the next seven minutes listening to blaring hold music until I was once again transferred to the registration department. After several more rounds of being on hold, I was told by a supervisor that my service would be working in 12 hours. I waited another 24 for the benefit of the doubt and tried again... you guessed it. Still no service. They did manage to find my account one time after a bunch of searching, and me pulling the car over to give my VIN number, but mbrace is still not setup to handle my calls.

I was very frustrated and told the agent I was concerned for the safety of my family if this was how mbrace worked. I asked how I could be sure I was safe. The agent said "Do you still have your teleaid active?". I kid you not, the agent suggested teleaid.

I've had it. I heard the dealer could move me back to TeleAid and I am doing it.
Good luck trying to cancel buddy - I called twice - and my service is still active - and they apparently have NO RECORD of me calling (TWICE) to cancel....the confirmation number they gave me doesnt even exist in their system.

I've never heard of such a scam in my life.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP
I guess the wheels must be turning because I got a call from my preferred dealership today. They wanted details concerning my experience and issues with Mbrace, apparently there have been a lot of people complaining to include customers who just purchased their vehicles. The service manager informed me that Mbrace was suppose to send them a specific phone number along with an additional four digit number that is directly associated with my VIN. Apparently, Mbrace sent the wrong number. So once again if you're still having a lot of issues, its time to contact MBUSA either through email or directly.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 BMW 540d
Originally Posted by s600ed
I wonder why this is? Wouldn't it be nice to have this kind of feature to take the place of lo-jack if/when the car is stolen?
Strange that MB doesn't offer that service.My BMW 335 has Lojack-type capabilities built into its "BMW Assist" feature.I'd be surprised if "mbrace" didn't offer similar capabilities but obviously am not certain.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:35 AM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
It appears that MBUSA has really messed things up. They have a lawsuit against Tele-Aid, see http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...NA03/307209984
There are also problems with MBrace. When you contact MBUSA, their official position is they will not get involved. I would think that MBUSA would take a leadership role in this. Tele-Aid and MBrace were sold to owners as an official Mercedes product. I would expect them to take a leadership role.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 125 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
I have always assumed Tel Aid was an MB internal service. This is very surprising that they would entrust this service to an outside firm. There could be some serious ramifications for MB coming out of this mess.
Personally I don't see any benefit in the service. Blue tooth with Roadside Assistance is free and gives the basics. You practically must hate your money to spend it on this service. I had it for the free time period on my cars and never used it once.
Also reading this thread from would be users, it can cause serious blood pressure problems.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 S63 AMG, 2006 Aston Martin DB9, 2007 BMW X5
Having the same problems. They have two account numbers going for me, none of which will allow me to register on the app. I purchased my S63 just a few weeks ago and have placed FIVE unsuccessful calls to mbrace/concentrix as well as three or four emails. They just don't seem to be getting anywhere regarding knowing who I am, knowing which account number is correct/incorrect, etc. in order to activate my "free" 6-month trial. I'll get back to this board as the saga continues to unfold. I really hope they can resolve their own problem as this is becoming farcical.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP
All of my issues finally got resolved, but not before I contacted MBUSA. Which in turn they contacted my preferred MB dealership, they informed me that Mbrace should have sent a phone number associated with specific to my vehicles VIN. If they sent the wrong one then all of the information associated with your vehicle will be wrong. Contact MBUSA directly to get this corrected.

Tony
Old 12-20-2009, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 MB S550, '11 RR HSE LUX
So far, I've had pretty good experience with Mbrace. Picked up my 2010 S550 yesterday; the dealer explained everything (granted I knew pretty much all about it already, thanks to this thread). Within 40 minutes of filling out the forms, I had placed test call and it worked; the rep even greeted me by name. The iPhone app also worked right away and had right information.

I wonder if any recent 2010 model buyers have had any luck with the $290 for life offer. If so, did you have to mention anything special when calling Mbrace?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:35 PM

2009 ML 350
Your posting is misleading. Teleaid is a seperate company than Mbrace. Teleaid is not going anywhere so if you have an account with them, you are safe.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:38 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by Chucky300
Good luck trying to cancel buddy - I called twice - and my service is still active - and they apparently have NO RECORD of me calling (TWICE) to cancel....the confirmation number they gave me doesnt even exist in their system.

I've never heard of such a scam in my life.

Teleaid is still available for you to re-activate your account. The company of mbrace has only been providing these services since November 2009. Do you trust a company that has been in the business for 6 months? I don't.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:39 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by Bluetown
Having the same problems. They have two account numbers going for me, none of which will allow me to register on the app. I purchased my S63 just a few weeks ago and have placed FIVE unsuccessful calls to mbrace/concentrix as well as three or four emails. They just don't seem to be getting anywhere regarding knowing who I am, knowing which account number is correct/incorrect, etc. in order to activate my "free" 6-month trial. I'll get back to this board as the saga continues to unfold. I really hope they can resolve their own problem as this is becoming farcical.

Demand your dealer transfer you back to Teleaid. You are not required to be with Mbrace. It's your life and your choice.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:40 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by skrontz
So far, I've had pretty good experience with Mbrace. Picked up my 2010 S550 yesterday; the dealer explained everything (granted I knew pretty much all about it already, thanks to this thread). Within 40 minutes of filling out the forms, I had placed test call and it worked; the rep even greeted me by name. The iPhone app also worked right away and had right information.

I wonder if any recent 2010 model buyers have had any luck with the $290 for life offer. If so, did you have to mention anything special when calling Mbrace?

The $290 offer is not for 2010 models. It is only an offer they are using to steal the Teleaid customers.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:42 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by TDwayne69
All of my issues finally got resolved, but not before I contacted MBUSA. Which in turn they contacted my preferred MB dealership, they informed me that Mbrace should have sent a phone number associated with specific to my vehicles VIN. If they sent the wrong one then all of the information associated with your vehicle will be wrong. Contact MBUSA directly to get this corrected.

Tony

Or, demand to be reconnected to Teleaid
Old 03-26-2010, 06:47 PM

2009 ML 350
The Mbrace service is misleading Mercedes Benz owners. They are making it sound as though Teleaid is going out of business. This is absolutely not true. Teleaid is the company that actually pioneered the telematics industry. Do you really want to know why Mercedes Benz switched to Mbrace? Hughes Telematics, known as Mbrace, paid Mercedes Benz $40 million dollars for the contract. Due to the economic conditions of 2007, 2008, and 2009, Mercedes Benz was bought. This means your safety was now put into the hands of a company that had no idea what they were doing. Do yourself a favor and go back to Teleaid, the company that has provided and supported Mercedes Benz for over 10 years.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:51 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by listerone
Strange that MB doesn't offer that service.My BMW 335 has Lojack-type capabilities built into its "BMW Assist" feature.I'd be surprised if "mbrace" didn't offer similar capabilities but obviously am not certain.

Teleaid offers the Stolen Vehicle Recovery feature. It's actually more sophisticated that lo-jack. Teleaid uses satellites and gps systems to locate the vehicle. Lo-jack is radar based which means the police cruiser must be 1. equipped with the lo-jack system which is very expensive and 2. must be within a certain radius of the vehicle in order to detect it.

Teleaid has over an 80% recovery rate.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:52 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by TDwayne69
I guess the wheels must be turning because I got a call from my preferred dealership today. They wanted details concerning my experience and issues with Mbrace, apparently there have been a lot of people complaining to include customers who just purchased their vehicles. The service manager informed me that Mbrace was suppose to send them a specific phone number along with an additional four digit number that is directly associated with my VIN. Apparently, Mbrace sent the wrong number. So once again if you're still having a lot of issues, its time to contact MBUSA either through email or directly.

Tell them you want Teleaid back. Speak up and you will be heard.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:54 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by petee1997
I have always assumed Tel Aid was an MB internal service. This is very surprising that they would entrust this service to an outside firm. There could be some serious ramifications for MB coming out of this mess.
Personally I don't see any benefit in the service. Blue tooth with Roadside Assistance is free and gives the basics. You practically must hate your money to spend it on this service. I had it for the free time period on my cars and never used it once.
Also reading this thread from would be users, it can cause serious blood pressure problems.

Blood Presure problems are only for those that switched to Mbrace.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by steveb9771
Confusion--
I contacted Tele-aid and they claim that they will remain as a service provider. Will both providers then exist as competitors?

Yes, Teleaid is still available to be activated in your vehicle. Cheaper than Mbrace and far more experienced.

Teleaid 10+ years

Mbrace Less than 6 months.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:05 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by irieblue
http://mbrace.mbusa.com/services-page.htm

It looks like Mercedes wrote a smartphone app, renamed the teleaid service mbrace and bumped the basic price up by 16% per year (from $240 per to $280 ), but it seems like you can now do the following:

Securely lock* and unlock your Mercedes-Benz vehicle doors from your phone.

Find your vehicle on a map**
Contact Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance for help
Search for nearby Mercedes-Benz dealerships
View your key mbrace account and vehicle information
Contact your Mercedes-Benz dealer to conveniently schedule a service appointment or speak to a sales representative
Call Mercedes-Benz mbrace Response Center for questions regarding your mbrace account
Call Mercedes-Benz Financial Client Care Center for account assistance
Secure system validates user's credentials prior to allowing access to the application
Simple and intuitive user interfaces allow for quick and easy navigation

*Door lock service is only available on the following Mercedes-Benz models: MY07 and later S-Class and CL-Class, MY08 and later C-Class, MY10 and later E-Class and GLK-Class.
**Vehicle must be within 1 mile of the user to be located in order to prevent improper use of this feature.

Teleaid is NOT renamed Mbrace. They are two different companies. Teleaid has been the provider for your vehicle for over 10 years. Mercedes Benz signed with Mbrace last November.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:07 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by irieblue
"wonder why this is? Wouldn't it be nice to have this kind of feature to take the place of lo-jack if/when the car is stolen?"

This is so your wife can't track where you are

The mbrace/teleaid center always knows where your car is. Your S class has it's own CDMA based phone that's always connected to the network (even if your car is off.. That's why the car has a second battery in the trunk). I'm surprised that people actually pay for low jack if they have the tele-aid service.

I think this limitation of 1 mile from the car, is strictly so that the location of the car won't show up if the querying device (a smart phone) , or ex wife on a computer is not within 1 mile from the car.

Teleaid requires a police incident number before they typically locate your car, i'd be surprised if lo-jack does a locate without a police report.

I called the mbrace center tonight, and got the impression that teleaid is transitioning over to a new system, and that I just need to switch over to the new service. The mbrace phone number for existing teleaid customers is...

877-661-7024

and their hours of operation are (East coast times)
7am-12 Mon- Fri
7am-6pm Sat

Teleaid is NOT transitioning to Mbrace. They are two different companies and neither are owned by Mercedes Benz.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:09 PM

2009 ML 350
Just made the appointment with my dealer. I was told by Embrace that there is NO CHARGE for this switch. I am going in tomorrow (Monday) at 7:30am.

I will ask them to reconfirm there is absolutely NO CHARGE (Parts, Labor, etc).

If there IS a charge, I will cancel the service which I already paid for and take my car back.

$240 a year for the slim chance I will need to use this service is one thing - having to pay an arm and a leg to switch over? Not worth it in my opinion.

If you switch, your payment with Teleaid will not be refundable, did mbrace tell you that?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:18 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by steveb9771
Confusion--
I contacted Tele-aid and they claim that they will remain as a service provider. Will both providers then exist as competitors?

Yes, but because Mbrace paid Mercedes Benz $40 million dollars for the business, MB is going to try and get you to switch to what they call an upgrade when in fact, it's the exact same service you already have.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:23 PM

2009 ML 350
Everything you said above - applies to me - and that 24-48 hours is their fast comment to shut your mouth up! I did mine last week - and it still shows that
a) Im driving an 06
b) That I never submit a credit card
c) I was offered 3 months (when in reality I was offered 6 months!)
d) No Such thing as that $299.....saying I was NEVER a tele-aid subscriber eventhough I know I was but did not renew because they stunk.

This is ridiculous! They have NO IDEA what they are doing! I already canceled. I wouldn't trust them if I really needed them.

In any event - Road Side Assistance comes with the car and thats all I really need. If I want reservations - Ill make them myself. the I button is a novelty gimmick. I know all the features on my car.

I really did this for the use of my phone but that too does not work - It won't lock / unlock / track my vehicle. So I canceled with a smile - knowing at least that my $240 is not going to a bunch of dead beat idiots who have absolutely NO IDEA what they are doing or how to please a customer.

The guy that went ahead and canceled for me ended by saying "You got it buddy"....imagine that!

Call Teleaid to reactivate 800-756-9018
Old 03-26-2010, 07:45 PM

2009 ML 350
Originally Posted by lungs414
I was stupid enough to buy an 09 s550 in Sept. According to MB I am not eligible to get Mbrace on my car until the end of next year. I also will not be able to take advantage of the $299 lifetime contract. I already paid for 5 years of teleaid totaling about $895 for the crap service, so I cancelled and got a refund and put in a complaint. The operator said I was the 2nd person today with the same complaint and its only 9:00 am. The customer service rep said he "understood" and would escalate my concerns and to expect a call back within 48 hours. I still get my year free "yippee" of teleaid. I too live in Brooklyn ny, and teleaid took over 2 hours to come to my aid for a flat tire twice. The second time after waiting I started changing it myself and as I was putting the flat in my trunk the guy showed up and asked if I needed help.
This whole deal sucks I'm sure next year it will cost more and I probably will have to pay for the upgrade too. I told the rep my next car will be a BMW and this will be the reason. Maybe they will do something but I doubt it. Just tired of being screwed by MB.

Teleaid doesn't fix your flat tire. That's Mercedes Benz Roadside assistance that was delayed in getting to you. Teleaid is there for you in case of accidents.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 MB S550, '11 RR HSE LUX
Originally Posted by TELEAID USER
Call Teleaid to reactivate 800-756-9018
You're obviously an employee of Teleaid doing damage control on this forum. I don't really care who paid Mercedes-Benz and how much as long as I get good service. So far, Mbrace served me well, and I find their iPhone app especially useful. Does Teleaid have an app like that? I don't believe so.

Last edited by skrontz; 03-26-2010 at 07:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mbrace to replace teleaid?