S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Help me with your expertise...please.. :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550 lorinser
Help me with your expertise...please.. :)

Hi everyone,
First post...I know, but ive been lurking for a while.
I have a Lorinser s550, and just recently with 12k miles on the engine so not much driven, an odd noise occurs in the left back door. It sounds like it is the speaker, it has to be because what else in the door can vibrate/buzz.
However, when I took it into my local dealership the service manager said that warranty wont cover it because your cars has been "messed around with" too much.
I didnt like his attitude at all, and felt as if he didnt give me the treatment i deserved. I am a proud Jaguar owner and this is my first MB. Jaguar does have amazing customer care so I dont know what to make of this situation. Is it the manager specificaly or is that the kind of service I should be expecting from MB?
Old 01-14-2010, 12:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
s550
Smile First of all....

has it been messed with? I would call MBUSA and complain about your perceived bad treatment. Tell them how you got treated at at Jaguar and never expected to be treated like this after "upgrading" your vehicle choice.LOL. I had an experience where one of my previous vehicles while still being under warranty had a severely pitted front hood emblem and the dealer I bought it from would not warranty it. I called MBUSA while at the service writers desk and complained right in front of him and gave his name to the rep on the phone. Needless to say he decided to do me a "favor" and replace it. I then told him he didn't do **** for me and reported the *** to my sales manager and I got a free detail for my crappy experience.
So good luck, fight it all the way to the top.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM

s550 lorinser
as of now im just going out of my way to a neighboring city dealer to see if they can do anything. if nothing else, atleast i will get some respect.
will keep you guys posted. i have my appointment at the dealer today at 11am pst. about 100 mins from no
Old 01-14-2010, 12:21 PM

s550 lorinser
and no, it has not been "messed" with, the sound is absolutely stock.
And that is the other thing, the manager kept of saying "messed around with" as if there were some faults. MY lorinser kit is absolutely precious, and has no imperfections. I would have no hard feelings if he simply said "modified"
plus i dont understand how body modifications could affect the sound/speaker in the door.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:30 PM

2010 S600 sold
Sorry to hear about your experience. What part of the country are you in?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:02 PM

CL65 AMG , white S550 Sport w/ white Giovanna 22s, wild custom chopper
I've had 3-4 rattles in the S550, they were fixed by removing panels and adding felt under warranty here Beschoff (local dealer). The service advisor always took the car and fixed the issues without any pushback under warranty.

maybe you can try a different service advisor at the dealer?

Originally Posted by simothysingh
Hi everyone,
First post...I know, but ive been lurking for a while.
I have a Lorinser s550, and just recently with 12k miles on the engine so not much driven, an odd noise occurs in the left back door. It sounds like it is the speaker, it has to be because what else in the door can vibrate/buzz.
However, when I took it into my local dealership the service manager said that warranty wont cover it because your cars has been "messed around with" too much.
I didnt like his attitude at all, and felt as if he didnt give me the treatment i deserved. I am a proud Jaguar owner and this is my first MB. Jaguar does have amazing customer care so I dont know what to make of this situation. Is it the manager specificaly or is that the kind of service I should be expecting from MB?
Old 01-14-2010, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
I had my CLS rattles "fixed" at Beshoff in San Jose. They did not completely fix the rattles after 2 attempts and actually ruined my iPod integration (was a factory setup) as it no longer works. Getting a dealer to fix a rattle is next to impossible.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:00 AM

CL65 AMG , white S550 Sport w/ white Giovanna 22s, wild custom chopper
too bad, bud - worked for me. service there has been nothing but great. they've done front door panel rattle, driver side door pillar near where seat belt mounts and now they are actually replacing a seat frame on my driver seat. I'm the second owner of the car, and based on the stretching in the center console armrest leather and the driver seat that creaks, the first owner must have been really fat.

Originally Posted by Kar don
I had my CLS rattles "fixed" at Beshoff in San Jose. They did not completely fix the rattles after 2 attempts and actually ruined my iPod integration (was a factory setup) as it no longer works. Getting a dealer to fix a rattle is next to impossible.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:16 PM

s550 lorinser
I am in the Sacramento area. I went to modest o yesterday.
Heres what happened: I was pleased that the service manager actually gave me respect, sat me down, complimented the vehicle and said would get me taken care of.
As they opened her up (the door panels) they notified me that the sound in fact was not stock!!!
This is again an issue i need to handle with the dealer i bought the car from. I am the 2nd owner, but the 1st owner ( a rapstar) had the car for under 6months and drove it 3.2k so bare to none. However he was responsible for the lorinser kit and all. At the purchase I was told that the car is absolutely stock besides the lorinser kit. I guess not.
So yesterday the serv. manager recomendded that i take to a sound shop, becasue at MB they would charge me up the butt with labor costs.

You guys mention rattle. I want to clarify that it is not rattle. It is a vibrate. Some wiring/speaker issue which has the speaker pounding.

So all in all i paid $169 yesterday at Modesto European for them to tell me my sound is not stock and that there isnt much they can do. Im satidfied with that.

Now i know that i have custom sound, which is really nice may i add. I have to figure out what to do and how to do it.
I have a sound enthusiest cousin who says he can fix her up, so ill let him take a look.

If you bay area guys have any recomendations, please let me know
Thanks