S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Just picked up my S !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by jofam
Hello C32Andy:

Did you buy the car without the need to see it and just have it shipped to your house?

Also, a salesman from Calabasas told me that, as part of the certification process, they updated and upgraded the Navigation to is most updated version, but apparently that was not true?

I am also considering buying not from a local dealership and have the car shipped to me, and would appreciate your thoughts if you had a similar experience.

Thank you
Yeah, I bought it without seeing it in person, only the photos from the website..............I wasn't too worried with the condition of the car since it is a CPO and they posted lots of pictures so I was able to see the overall condition.
as for the navigation update.......it was a bit weird because with the latest version of software, you are suppose to get live traffic info, able to watch DVD while parked and bird's eye view but I was only able to watch DVD but not the other 2 functions until i went to my local dealer & have them update it again
Old 03-30-2010, 01:42 AM

GL 450
Thanks for the reply.

In this type of deal, do you wire the money to the dealership first and just pay shipping cost to the delivery person? Do you mind telling me who your salesman at Calabasas was?

Also, did the local dealer charge you for the update? And Calabasas did have the current DVD version 7 installed for you?

Thanks for your help
Old 03-30-2010, 11:49 AM

2016 C300
Thanks for the reply.

In this type of deal, do you wire the money to the dealership first and just pay shipping cost to the delivery person? Do you mind telling me who your salesman at Calabasas was?

Also, did the local dealer charge you for the update? And Calabasas did have the current DVD version 7 installed for you?

Thanks for your help
well, in my case, the salesperson came to my house with the contract & collected a check from me........they also paid for the shipping(at first they want me to pay half of the shipping cost, so I told him I'll just pick up the car myself on a weekend, but I guess he really wanted to close the deal on the same day so he paid for shipping)

The local dealer didn't charge me for the update, it's under warranty, I just complain that I have one of the following problem(which I actually do):

P-B-82.85/512g SEPT08 COMAND and Telematics system having any of the conditions below the COMAND Head Unit and Telematics Ring software is to be updated with DAS and Telematics disc A221 827 63 59 ES2: 0002 (or newer).

- Intermittently, head unit does not display radio station name, artist and track (RDS) info
- During a multi-line telephone call in navigation screen, the COMAND display may turn dark
- Audio source volume not lowering during a navigation announcement in route guidance
- Intermittently, vehicle shows incorrect position even with more than three satellites visible
- Wrong navigation compass indicator
- Intermittently, back up camera image not shown on the COMAND display
- User’s cellular telephone phonebook entries are not completely down loaded
- COMAND display swivels left-right on its own and may not stop until driver turns ignition off
- Intermittent resets of the COMAND head unit
- During an active telephone call user tries to reject it by pressing REJECT both calls terminate
- Intermittently, head unit does not correctly toggle between name and # in telephone book
- No sound on startup with empty play field on head unit
- Incorrect GPS coordinates displayed in status line
- Inaccurate navigation voice or visual announcements during active route guidance

oh & the salesperson's name is Jeremy Tombs, but I wouldn't recommend him though
Old 03-31-2010, 02:41 AM

GL 450
The CPO inventory in the bay area CA does not have a great selection, so I am starting to look farther around. So thank you very much for all the tips. I have not been able to find any place who whould pay for shipping, maybe because I am in the bay area 300 miles away from Southern CA.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:19 PM

2016 C300
The CPO inventory in the bay area CA does not have a great selection, so I am starting to look farther around. So thank you very much for all the tips. I have not been able to find any place who whould pay for shipping, maybe because I am in the bay area 300 miles away from Southern CA.
what kind of options are you looking for? I'll keep my eyes open if i see one that meets your requirements
Old 04-01-2010, 06:32 PM

GL 450
Originally Posted by C32Andy
what kind of options are you looking for? I'll keep my eyes open if i see one that meets your requirements
Thank you for the offer. I am basically looking for a silver color because my wife absolutely does not like any other color. (We found a reasonably priced black one but she turned it down). We 'll be happy with P2. Rear View Monitor would be great, IPod, Power Rear Shade, Electronic Trunk Closer and Wood Steering Wheel would be a plus, the rest of the options are optional. I intend to buy extended MB warranty if possible, and so I am looking mostly at CPO.

I have an alert with Autotrader and checked the MB USA CPO web site, but so far most of the CPOs either have too much mileage (close to 50,000) or too much (asking closer to the upper 50,000s).

S 550 CPOs do not seem to go down in value very much. I remember looking around last year for 2007 models and they were asking 55,000-60,000, and one year later, the prices seem to still hover around that range.

On the other hand, 2008 models should start becoming available in greater numbers as the lease returns start rolling in, but I doubt you will see many of them coming down below 60,000 as CPOs.

How did you end up getting your update Navigation CD? Was it version 8?
Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 PM

2014 E350 4matic sedan
I also just pick up a CPO 2007 S550 4matic, AMG, Pkg 2, Rear seats Pkg, Parktronic. 28K miles, showroom condition. I paid $53K. it came with almost 1 year left on the original warranty plus 1 year of the CPO warranty. I brought the maxium 2 more years of MB warranty, that will give me 4 years of peace. Further more, I have primer tires and wheels insurance.
I was forced into this deal due to some elderly man rearened my 2005 S500 4matic and caused over $23k of demange. It only had 38K miles on it. The owner of the body shop will buy it off me at book value, with the insurance payout. He drive 2 other S500s.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:56 PM

2016 C300
how much did u pay for the 2 yrs. of extended warranty?
Old 04-15-2010, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
S550, R350, GL550, ML63 AMG
I bought a great extended warranty for a little over 3K with full coverage including everything but wear and tear items, and includes my night vision. Its either 4-5 year/100K miles. My car only had 13K when I bought it. They have plans up to 7 years/ 150k miles. Well worth it and they replace parts before they go bad on you too. I checked with my local MB dealer and they honor extended warranties from this company.

www.carchex.com

Pat Goss and Dale Earnhardt Jr. endorse this company too.
Ask for Danielle Olivari, tell her Leonardo Bodmer referred you!

Get the Titanium package...
Old 04-15-2010, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NuMBS500er, congrats on the w221!

Old 04-15-2010, 08:19 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by bensitto
I bought a great extended warranty for a little over 3K with full coverage including everything but wear and tear items, and includes my night vision. Its either 4-5 year/100K miles. My car only had 13K when I bought it. They have plans up to 7 years/ 150k miles. Well worth it and they replace parts before they go bad on you too. I checked with my local MB dealer and they honor extended warranties from this company.

www.carchex.com

Pat Goss and Dale Earnhardt Jr. endorse this company too.
Ask for Danielle Olivari, tell her Leonardo Bodmer referred you!

Get the Titanium package...
Do they cover Airmatic?

Anyone used this company? Seems you never know how "good" a Company is until something breaks.

I'm trying to get a list of good Warranty Companies that work well for a W221, if I decide to get one.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:53 PM

2014 E350 4matic sedan
I got my MB extended warranty from the dealer for $3400, 2years. My dealer did say they honor the third party warranty from AAA, but 3 rd. party warranty usually doen't pay the full labor cost, the owner will have to make up the different.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Airmatic suspension is included. I haven't had to use them yet, but I have everything written in my contract that everything including night vision, airmatic, all onboard electronics, and everything else is covered. All I have to pay is a $100 deductible if I every use the warranty. Labor costs covered.

Wear and tear items not included. tires, brake pads...

There is an option for no deductible but I believe the price rises a little.
You can finance the warranty 0% apr if you need as well.

I did lots of research before I ended up with this company. I feel good about the warranty but again, I haven't had to use it yet.

Good luck!