S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Idea: Replacing interior (wood) trim for Designo - picture inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Thumbs up Idea: Replacing interior (wood) trim for Designo - picture inside

Hi all,

I just got an idea how to make my black leather + brown wood interior more interesting and that would be replacing the brown wood with black wood (for W69Zierteile Klavierlack Designo Schwarz). Of course, the steering wheel has to go as well - for AMG one or Y95Designo-Holz-Lederlenkrad.
What do you think? What is the approx. cost of this? What is the best way to do it? Call the dealer and have them do it from A to Z? It's Friday night here so that's the reason I'm not doing it right away because you know, when you want something, you want it now.
One of the reasons I started thinking about it was I scratched my current trim a bit when cleaning with a wet wipe after few days at a beach - whole interior was full of tiny sand grains.
Thanks for all your chimes. I think this could be classy, although I have never seen it in person except for some BMW Individual program in 5-Series.

Illustration picture of a Designo W221:
Old 03-27-2010, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche, Cadillac
Don't you think the interior will be a bit too dark?
Old 03-27-2010, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S6 LP640 E500
Fabulous idea, it would look great. I would want to do mine a little more sporty (carbon fiber). But i'm ok with it is now.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by Armadillo888
Hi all,

I just got an idea how to make my black leather + brown wood interior more interesting and that would be replacing the brown wood with black wood (for W69Zierteile Klavierlack Designo Schwarz). Of course, the steering wheel has to go as well - for AMG one or Y95Designo-Holz-Lederlenkrad.
What do you think? What is the approx. cost of this? What is the best way to do it? Call the dealer and have them do it from A to Z? It's Friday night here so that's the reason I'm not doing it right away because you know, when you want something, you want it now.
One of the reasons I started thinking about it was I scratched my current trim a bit when cleaning with a wet wipe after few days at a beach - whole interior was full of tiny sand grains.
Thanks for all your chimes. I think this could be classy, although I have never seen it in person except for some BMW Individual program in 5-Series.

Illustration picture of a Designo W221:

that sounds great let ms know how it goes and how much that would cost
Old 03-28-2010, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The best or nothing
Yeah, I will let you know as soon as it gets some progress.

QuadBenz: I think it won't be too dark, it could look classy and interesting. The interior is not dark - my merc got pano roof so it is much brighter either way.

jta00r1: CF is also good. It would not suit my "comfort" set-up with 17" but I agree it is interesting as well.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The best or nothing
Waiting for pricing..
Old 03-29-2010, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
That should look very aesthetically pleasing, nice choice.