S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

2007 S550 over 50k miles - how does it fair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550 over 50k miles - how does it fair

I'm trying to get an idea if there are common problems with this vehicle once they go out of warranty. Such as common Air-matic, engine failures or something i may want to consider. Thinking of purchasing extended warranty. It's just on my previous 2 cars that i've owned, with regular maintenance, i did not spend nearly or have repairs done to the vehicles that came close the cost of the warranty. I'm a driver and another 50k miles may last me about 2 to 3 years. Any experiences with this vehicle for people that are drivers and have really exceeded the 50k miles yet?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2010, 04:17 PM

2012 S600 Lunar Blue
Tokey,
I'm new to Mercedes having just purchased an 07 S600 with low mileage. I considered that there is much to go wrong with this car, so I purchased an extended warranty.
I bought a GM's Major Guard warranty from a GM dealer.
Please give him a call to get a quote. He saved me a lot of money as compared to all other extended warranties. I also spoke with GM and they pay list price on parts, and dealer full service labor rate. Mercedes dealer here accepts the plan.
Call Jeff Hunter....517-265-7156.
regards,
Joe
Old 06-26-2010, 07:05 PM

2007 MB S550 Sport & 2010 GL 450
Im in the same boat. my decision was not to buy extended warranty for 5400 and will take a risk. if something is going to go wrong there are allot of parts on ebay that you could buy and have repairs done at the local professional shop that has Mercedes diagnostic tools.

Originally Posted by tokey
I'm trying to get an idea if there are common problems with this vehicle once they go out of warranty. Such as common Air-matic, engine failures or something i may want to consider. Thinking of purchasing extended warranty. It's just on my previous 2 cars that i've owned, with regular maintenance, i did not spend nearly or have repairs done to the vehicles that came close the cost of the warranty. I'm a driver and another 50k miles may last me about 2 to 3 years. Any experiences with this vehicle for people that are drivers and have really exceeded the 50k miles yet?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2010, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Joe S
Tokey,
I'm new to Mercedes having just purchased an 07 S600 with low mileage. I considered that there is much to go wrong with this car, so I purchased an extended warranty.
I bought a GM's Major Guard warranty from a GM dealer.
Please give him a call to get a quote. He saved me a lot of money as compared to all other extended warranties. I also spoke with GM and they pay list price on parts, and dealer full service labor rate. Mercedes dealer here accepts the plan.
Call Jeff Hunter....517-265-7156.
regards,
Joe
Roughly how much did the plan cost for this vehicle and how many miles does it cover til?