S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

How do you clean your S?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by Mr. Rolls-Royce
To clean my S-Class sedan, I send it to a professional. The place only cleans top notch cars from car makers such as a Bentley, Ferrari, and Lamborghini. To clean my car it takes about 7 hours and i pay about 9,000 dollars for the whole package. Every 2 weeks i send my P.A. for it to be cleaned. My other cars I wash them about once a month there, since i use them only for weekends, and sometimes once a month. I have a Zimmer Golden Spirit which has about 2000 miles, and is only driven when i have special occasions. For my Zimmer i pay the top of the line fee which is 10,000 dollars for special paint treatment. Hope this helped you a bit.
And for those who havent heard of a Zimmer, go to http://www.zimmermotorcars.com/index...e=4-door-sedan

Just think about it; the way these things depreciate in one year you will have spent more than the value of your car. By the way, are you part of Obama's economic team?
Old 08-27-2010, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by Armadillo888
With the S, I would like to do it properly and also, it is such a great relax doing it yourself! I've read somewhere it is among TOP 10 favourite activities for men.

only for men with nothing better to do

If i've offended anyone, they can wash my S55 any time they need a fix . I'm here for you, man. I'll even let you have a Bud Light (but I'll have to buy some, I don't drink that crap )
Old 08-28-2010, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by i_am_amused

only for men with nothing better to do

If i've offended anyone, they can wash my S55 any time they need a fix . I'm here for you, man. I'll even let you have a Bud Light (but I'll have to buy some, I don't drink that crap )
I don't think you would be able to offend anyone here, those who could potentially be offended by your post would have to be at your level of understanding things and expressing one-self.

There is also one little flaw in your idea,even if someone accepted your invitation, your W220 would most probably brake down on the way there

Last edited by Jan AMG; 08-28-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The best or nothing
Originally Posted by 13pauls
Wow... lots of passion for washing cars...I clean mine when needed (conventional...through the car wash or unconventional...when raining leave them outside)......
I used to do the same before.. I had 4 BMWs and never thought of doing it myself / doing it myself properly or even paying for it more than 10EUR per wash.. that would make me rethink my sanity but people change, you know
Old 08-28-2010, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The best or nothing
Originally Posted by lkirchner
Just think about it; the way these things depreciate in one year you will have spent more than the value of your car. By the way, are you part of Obama's economic team?
Haha, I liked the part with the economic team I'm sure he's aware of depreciation though..
Old 08-28-2010, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The best or nothing
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mr. Rolls-Royce
To clean my S-Class sedan, I send it to a professional. The place only cleans top notch cars from car makers such as a Bentley, Ferrari, and Lamborghini. To clean my car it takes about 7 hours and i pay about 9,000 dollars for the whole package. Every 2 weeks i send my P.A. for it to be cleaned. My other cars I wash them about once a month there, since i use them only for weekends, and sometimes once a month. I have a Zimmer Golden Spirit which has about 2000 miles, and is only driven when i have special occasions. For my Zimmer i pay the top of the line fee which is 10,000 dollars for special paint treatment. Hope this helped you a bit.
And for those who havent heard of a Zimmer, go to http://www.zimmermotorcars.com/index...e=4-door-sedan
Thanks for your post. I'm grateful for other opinions and learning something new. The price is steep but I'm sure it makes sense if you got such exquisite car portfolio and want to enjoy the cars at their best.

I think with regards to the pricing.. A successful man wakes up in the morning, gets to sleep at night and does whatever makes him happy in between. so there's no question about right or wrong. As Dalaylama says "You live only once"

The Zimmer is a beautiful machine with a soul..