S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Comand problem, joystick gets stuck without a reason

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Question Comand problem, joystick gets stuck without a reason

Joystick aka the Comand button gets stuck sometimes. It slows down, you cannot click or rotate. Then you cannot use navi or other function like massage - you can get to the seats menu but you can only use the button to get to massage fc by rotating and then you click but nothing happens. Other time, it looks like it is pressed all the time, when you click "back" it goes immediately to the selection that is active already and you cannot go away. It appears to be a software glitch because this isn't permanent, started happening recently for few minutes then comand works as usually and then again.. Any idea what should it be?
Old 09-21-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220
Hi Armadillo

Well I have the same problem whit my W204 from 2007.

Well the solution is quite simple, but lets explain:

This is how I managed to have the part on hand, A204 870 20 58, I bought a new and now I see the evil of the former.

The spray does not work or will result, because this problem (as I suspected) is mechanical, but let's parties. (some suggestion from another forum)

Open the part, is not complicated, we have to remove the screws that are on the back of the joystick, then remove the gray cap that is at the center of the joystick remove a screw and stayed with the play opens, then calmly go is pulling out all the plastic brackets that make operating the controls (once opened can see), I recommend keys watchmaker.

After all open, note that the mechanism is made to rotate by a shaft which connects the two sprockets which drives a wheel which has teeth and which makes opening and closing an electronic circuit is an emitter-receiver assembly of the sensor LEDs (think infrared). (Please find attached photos).

That is, until Engs thought well, no major mechanical parts, should last a long time, just that the shaft is badly designed or set of materials used in plastics is not very good, or else they forgot that with heat, the plastics tend to be less resilient, and the shaft portion therefore never trigger is set and turn on and off sensors.

Well my solution is to buy superglue by a good Brand, preferably gel and re-paste (to see if results) then apply a rubber shaft and apply more glue, I think we should solve, because the shaft has no mechanical stress no, if not get stuck should resolve well (I say ...).

The photo (broken shaft) on the side

The shaft assembly more wheels

The final wheel which drives the sensors

Printed circuit board where the sensors sees

The final result the came whit glue

Now once that I could not open the central console where is the joystick, If anyone nows or have any link please share, because I would like a lot to now how to open the place where is the Joystick.

If they have questions, ask.

BR
Old 10-09-2012, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s63
command joystics issue

i had the same problem and for 2 weeks and now its worse started reseting its screen I been told to reinstall software to start of with
should fix the issue
Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S500
http://www.mbpartsworld.com/showAsse...sembly=1093605

Probably looking for the above part(s)?