S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

07 221 Keyless-Go/Express open

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
SL550 Designo Crystal & Red Interior - SL55 Silver & Black Interior - E550
07 221 Keyless-Go/Express open

I have not had my 221 for long (about a month) but it’s been at the dealer for at least 14 days of that having all kinds of issues resolved. I've never seen a car with so many little problems and especially a Mercedes. Fortunately, so far it has all been covered under warranty but at 50100 miles, it’s all over. The exception being that they just "fixed" my Keyless-Go and central locking/express open/close and that’s the question I have for you guys now...

If I understand it properly, when I press and hold the unlock button on the remote key, the rear shades, all 4 windows and sunroof should go down. Then if I then press and hold the lock button on the remote key, then all 4 windows and sunroof should close and the rear side window shades should go up? What about the rear window shade, should that go up too?

Secondly, if I press and hold the button on the outside door handle should it not do the exact same thing as above? Lower or close all windows and sunroof? Should it do the same from each and every door?

At the moment, I am getting different functions using different methods. If someone has a definitive answer, I would appreciate it. Thanks guys.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
Originally Posted by RoundTheBenz
I have not had my 221 for long (about a month) but it’s been at the dealer for at least 14 days of that having all kinds of issues resolved. I've never seen a car with so many little problems and especially a Mercedes. Fortunately, so far it has all been covered under warranty but at 50100 miles, it’s all over. The exception being that they just "fixed" my Keyless-Go and central locking/express open/close and that’s the question I have for you guys now...

If I understand it properly, when I press and hold the unlock button on the remote key, the rear shades, all 4 windows and sunroof should go down. Then if I then press and hold the lock button on the remote key, then all 4 windows and sunroof should close and the rear side window shades should go up? What about the rear window shade, should that go up too?

Holding lock on the door handle closes the windows. Holding it again closes all the shades. When holding unlock from the remote via infared, the first shot opens all the shades, hitting the button again opens the windows and sunroof. I just tried it on my dad's S this morning.

Secondly, if I press and hold the button on the outside door handle should it not do the exact same thing as above? Lower or close all windows and sunroof? Should it do the same from each and every door?

You can close all the windows from all the doors with keyless go, but can only open them from the driver's door via the infrared remote (not keyless go).

At the moment, I am getting different functions using different methods. If someone has a definitive answer, I would appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Last edited by Roupin; 10-24-2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
You actually can open the windows using Keyless Go. Press and hold the lock button on the door handle for a few seconds and then pull the door handle as if you were opening the door. All the windows should open.
One quick pull on the handle will lower the windows about half way. Pull and hold to lower all the way.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
You actually can open the windows using Keyless Go. Press and hold the lock button on the door handle for a few seconds and then pull the door handle as if you were opening the door. All the windows should open.
One quick pull on the handle will lower the windows about half way. Pull and hold to lower all the way.
Good info! How do you know all of these tricks? it's not in the manual?
Old 10-24-2010, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
Originally Posted by phatisfy
Good info! How do you know all of these tricks? it's not in the manual?
I just eventually figured it out after a few years of ownership.
It was a total accident though. I was pressing and holding the button to close all the windows and once they finished closing, I pulled on the handle right after and the windows re-opened again.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a toy
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
I did that once by accident, and didn't realize it until afterwards. I didn't have the patience to keep trying
Thanks for the info, about to run down and try it out