S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

iPod/AUX Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:04 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
SL550 Designo Crystal & Red Interior - SL55 Silver & Black Interior - E550
iPod/AUX Questions

I have a 2007 S550 and I have the iPod integration kit built in. I was a little disappointed that you don’t have the menu options on the command display like you do for the other audio functions so I took it out. Yesterday, I copied all my music to a 16GB SD card and put it into a PCMCIA card and plugged that in.

That didn’t work so I am now guessing that that AUX is somehow coded for either PCMCIA or iPod. Could someone confirm that please? If so, is it actually wired or something that gets changed on the STAR diagnostic computer? If this is the case, would I then be able to view the songs, etc on the command menu screen or would it still be only available on the dash and controlled using the steering column controls?

TIA.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure about the star diagnosis question, but I would have a look at your SD card and adapter. There may be a compatibility issue if your card is SDHC and your adapter is not.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:45 PM

CL65 AMG , white S550 Sport w/ white Giovanna 22s, wild custom chopper
Check out this thread I did on what's possible w/ iPod and AUX functionality... You will need to update your Comand software to latest...

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...tegration.html

Originally Posted by RoundTheBenz
I have a 2007 S550 and I have the iPod integration kit built in. I was a little disappointed that you don’t have the menu options on the command display like you do for the other audio functions so I took it out. Yesterday, I copied all my music to a 16GB SD card and put it into a PCMCIA card and plugged that in.

That didn’t work so I am now guessing that that AUX is somehow coded for either PCMCIA or iPod. Could someone confirm that please? If so, is it actually wired or something that gets changed on the STAR diagnostic computer? If this is the case, would I then be able to view the songs, etc on the command menu screen or would it still be only available on the dash and controlled using the steering column controls?

TIA.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:35 AM

2011 SL550
I Pod

When I start car I pull the right hand stick say "disc" and on screen it shows i-pod first (although mine is I phone) and then scroll with up down button on bottom right of command