S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

How do you pause the iPod?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you pause the iPod?

2010 S550 with media interface plugging iphone directly into the harness in the glove box using the dock connection.

The iPhone plays music fine from the iPod library, but there are times when I want to stream Internet radio over the audio connection. Whenever I start a feed it works for a few seconds, but then COMAND seems to override it and starts the iPod library music playing again. I can find no way to pause the iPod music from the command and leave the audio connection open.

I am aware that there are other ways to hook up the iPhone to prevent this (1/8" jack etc.), but I'd like to keep it plugged in so that I maintain the option to switch back to full iPod comand control when I want it.

Anyone know of a way to pause the playback?

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:28 PM

E320
Mute button? I don't have the ipod integration kit but that's how I pause videos.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:10 AM

Thanks for the tip - it ALMOST worked.

Pressed mute on the wheel and the iPod playback paused. Then I started the internet radio app and it played through the COMAND (even though it was "muted") but about five seconds later the iPod playback resumed at overtook the internet radio - presumably getting a signal from COMAND to resume play.

Any other ideas on how to pause the iPod playback when it's plugged into COMAND (and let keep the audio line open)????

Thanks.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:11 PM

W221 S550L, W212 E250CDI Wagon
I dont think it can be done, when ipod is connected it automaticly wants to play ipod, it wasnt designed to play the sound from a app, thats why you cant control the app either but you have to press play on the iphone instead, i have exactly the same issue :-)
Old 03-20-2011, 01:52 AM

Thanks. I think you are right.

Mercedes also tells me it can't be done. But they are often wrong!

It works with the MIP over Bluetooth, but that weird box doesn't give you the song name readings or good control of playback.

I wonder if there's a jailbreak app that let's you disable the hardwired playback control in the iPhone?