S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

S550 makes Forbes worst car list??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 12:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
none
Originally Posted by Mike5215
This summer my wife and I took the S Class on a road trip and spent a few days in downtown DC sightseeing. The hotel was crazy expensive with an offsite valet service and a very cool but gruff doorman. We joked back and forth over the few days we were there and he was a great guy.

The morning of checkout we're standing out front waiting for the car with several other guests. I'm wearing my best Sam's Club traveling outfit of shorts and a t-shirt, unshaven, looking like a shlub. There's some business a-hole in a suit giving the doorman a ration of crap because his car hasn't come fast enough. He yells "You *******g suck!" at the guy. The doorman, fed up, flips him off.

The suit goes inside and comes back with a manager. The manager wants the doorman to apologize. The doorman looks at us and the other guests like "help me out here." I step up and tell the manager the suit guy's a total tool and I'm surprised the doorman didn't punch him. The suit looks at the manager and gestures to me like "You're gonna believe this putz over me?"

Just then, with perfect timing, up rolls the suit's car...a Ford Focus, and right behind it, LED running lights blazing, looking like it would eat the Ford if it would just stand still for a second, is the S550, which I walk over to. The manager looks at the suit, looks back at me and the S, pats the doorman on the shoulder and says "We're good here", then goes back inside and leaves the guy in the Ford standing in the valet lane with his dick in his hand.

I hear that Focus got a great rating in Consumer Reports, by the way.
Lol Sounds like he really loves that focus.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
This summer my wife and I took the S Class on a road trip and spent a few days in downtown DC sightseeing. The hotel was crazy expensive with an offsite valet service and a very cool but gruff doorman. We joked back and forth over the few days we were there and he was a great guy.

The morning of checkout we're standing out front waiting for the car with several other guests. I'm wearing my best Sam's Club traveling outfit of shorts and a t-shirt, unshaven, looking like a shlub. There's some business a-hole in a suit giving the doorman a ration of crap because his car hasn't come fast enough. He yells "You *******g suck!" at the guy. The doorman, fed up, flips him off.

The suit goes inside and comes back with a manager. The manager wants the doorman to apologize. The doorman looks at us and the other guests like "help me out here." I step up and tell the manager the suit guy's a total tool and I'm surprised the doorman didn't punch him. The suit looks at the manager and gestures to me like "You're gonna believe this putz over me?"

Just then, with perfect timing, up rolls the suit's car...a Ford Focus, and right behind it, LED running lights blazing, looking like it would eat the Ford if it would just stand still for a second, is the S550, which I walk over to. The manager looks at the suit, looks back at me and the S, pats the doorman on the shoulder and says "We're good here", then goes back inside and leaves the guy in the Ford standing in the valet lane with his dick in his hand.

Great Story - Thanks
Old 09-07-2014, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 940 Likes on 686 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic

Well played.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 576 Likes on 431 Posts
W212 FL
+W221 on the story
It's a pleasure to read his posts too . I guess that guy was only focused on the Ford Focus . I would not surprise to see he was driving a Prius either.
I don't care what these mags say . Robb Report also put W222 behind Maserati, Ferrari ,Aston
Old 09-08-2014, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Focus was probably a rental car.

Sad part is a 2010 focus and a 2010 s550 will likely be worth the same amount after 10 years.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Originally Posted by Quadcammer

Sad part is a 2010 focus and a 2010 s550 will likely be worth the same amount after 10 years.
Nah. It had all kinds of bumper stickers on it. Maybe he stole it from a high school senior as a cover and his real car is a Bentley! Ten years from now, car values aside, the guy's still gonna be an a-hole. S550 FTW!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
S350 BT 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Quadcammer

No way, the 2010 focus won't be running in 10 years, and if it does it will not be worth what a wrecked S Class will be worth just in parts to a wrecking yard
So sayeth my oil burner momba