S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

anyone can help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face anyone can help?

Hello
I just got an used 2007 S550, not very familiar with it. So here are some questions, if anyone can help I will be very appriciate.
1. When the airmatic engaged(most often when the vehicle is lowering itself), I can always hear some noise. I can "hear the air come out", and the gone gas makes several vibrations on the pump. This happen mostly when I start the engine or step on the brake padal at a red light.

2. Does anyone know where is the aux input in this car? I can't find it in the glove box or the central console.

3. It seems like I need to do a lot of work on this car. Is parts.com reliable? The price is much cheaper than the dealer but are they the same parts? Will the dealer help you to install them although you don't order part directly from them? well yea, I will give them the labor fee.

4. Finally, does anybody buy a warranty from Fidelity for an used car? I can get the warranty for 3 years for $3000, sure there are some limitations. Any advice?
I appreciate your time! Thanks a lot
Old 06-18-2011, 10:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
11 S550 4MATIC
I'm no expert, but here's my 2 cents:
Air suspensions tend to do that when there's a leak. I had the same problem with my Range Rover. It had leaks and I didn't act quick enough and the compressor failed. I would suggest getting it checked as soon as possible.
I think aux jacks need to be installed as an option.
I've used parts.com for my motorcycle parts and never had a problem.
No idea about the warranty, sorry.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class
My airmatic pump comes on when I start my car. And when my car is off, some of the air comes out. I hear like a psshh sound everytime I shut the car off.
If you don't see an aux wire in the glove box. Then you're mostly don't have one installed in your car. Because I don't have one either, and I also have an 07'. You can have your dealer install parts for you but I would suggest look for shops that work on high end cars, because the dealer is a rip off. IMO? Parts.com sells oem parts for our car so its the same as the dealer. As for the warranty. You should look around and compare prices. I got a qoute from AAA around my area. And for $3,200, they covered me 5yrs/100k miles bumper to bumper coverage? Hope that help.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by fbracer
I'm no expert, but here's my 2 cents:
Air suspensions tend to do that when there's a leak. I had the same problem with my Range Rover. It had leaks and I didn't act quick enough and the compressor failed. I would suggest getting it checked as soon as possible.
I think aux jacks need to be installed as an option.
I've used parts.com for my motorcycle parts and never had a problem.
No idea about the warranty, sorry.
Thank you fbracer, the info is very helpful. I checked other postings and someone said it is normal...But anyway I will bring it to Mec on Monday, hope it won't cost too much...
Old 06-18-2011, 10:21 PM

11 S550 4MATIC
Hopefully not
Could be nothing
Old 06-18-2011, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by phatisfy
My airmatic pump comes on when I start my car. And when my car is off, some of the air comes out. I hear like a psshh sound everytime I shut the car off.
If you don't see an aux wire in the glove box. Then you're mostly don't have one installed in your car. Because I don't have one either, and I also have an 07'. You can have your dealer install parts for you but I would suggest look for shops that work on high end cars, because the dealer is a rip off. IMO? Parts.com sells oem parts for our car so its the same as the dealer. As for the warranty. You should look around and compare prices. I got a qoute from AAA around my area. And for $3,200, they covered me 5yrs/100k miles bumper to bumper coverage? Hope that help.
Wow 5yr bumper to bumper for $3200? I would buy that! But here is why I hate State College, it is fu'king small. Many companies act as monoplists. What is AAA? An insurance company? Is it nationwide? That is a really really good deal...Now I can trust parts.com, but I am not sure wether the dealer will just install the parts I buy for my car, insdead of forcing me to order part from them.
My car did the same thing when I shut it off, but during the ride, whenever it is loswering automatically, I can hear some "phew" noise which is very loud if the window is open. Dose you car do that?
Old 06-18-2011, 10:33 PM

11 S550 4MATIC
My aux port looks like it's builtin. It's in the glovebox top right hand side. I also have an ipod cable (which I doubt I'll ever use it)
Old 06-18-2011, 10:35 PM

11 S550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by jj1400
Wow 5yr bumper to bumper for $3200? I would buy that! But here is why I hate State College, it is fu'king small. Many companies act as monoplists. What is AAA? An insurance company? Is it nationwide? That is a really really good deal...Now I can trust parts.com, but I am not sure wether the dealer will just install the parts I buy for my car, insdead of forcing me to order part from them.
My car did the same thing when I shut it off, but during the ride, whenever it is loswering automatically, I can hear some "phew" noise which is very loud if the window is open. Dose you car do that?
AAA is the national firm that you'd see for roadside assistance
Old 06-18-2011, 10:36 PM

My aux port looks like it's builtin. It's in the glovebox top right hand side. I also have an ipod cable (which I doubt I'll ever use it)
I always drive on highway so without music it is just very boring. The 2010 E I traded in has integrated iphone input, but this S has nothing. Dealer will charge me 1300 to have it installed, great robbers!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:37 PM

11 S550 4MATIC
You might want to burn some mp3 DVDs or use a pcmcia adapter and an SD card.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:39 PM

You might want to burn some mp3 DVDs or use a pcmcia adapter and an SD card.
yea, that is what I am doing now. I think it is just fine, the music is not worth 1300... But I worry more about the airmatic,,,,,that can easily cost me several thousand $...
Old 06-18-2011, 11:16 PM

11 S550 4MATIC
Cross your fingers
Old 06-18-2011, 11:53 PM

Cross your fingers
ha, finally I want to try AAA, they open from 8 am to 9 pm, it seems they work very hard, I like hard-working company. Gonna talk to them on Monday.