MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W221) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221-74/)
-   -   Distronic Plus inoperative on 2007 S65 (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221/421340-distronic-plus-inoperative-2007-s65.html)

In2MB's 10-31-2011 02:13 PM

Distronic Plus inoperative on 2007 S65

Hello. I have a 2007 S65 with 18k miles on it. Recently while on a trip the Distronic Inoperative message came on. I took the car to my local service center (Higginbotham Mercedes) in Jackson, MS. They told me that a sensor was the problem, that was 10 days ago. They've had my car for 10 days, 7 if you count the that they had to order a part, which took 3 days to arrive from Germany. I'm trying to be patient but I'm seriously thinking about sending the car to another service shop.

I guess my question is how long does it usually take to fix a distronic problem?

Thanks in advance

greekviking 10-31-2011 06:54 PM

You probably didnt need a new distronic sensor...more likely a calibration of the sensor. Let me guess, the distronic radar costs 1,000 bucks and calibrating it another 250. Add taxes, etc you're looking at 1,400 at least. What a scam.....all it needs is a calibration with the right tool and 15 mins worth of labor.
Thats why they're called the stealer. :bs:

In2MB's 10-31-2011 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by greekviking (Post 4898143)
You probably didnt need a new distronic sensor...more likely a calibration of the sensor. Let me guess, the distronic radar costs 1,000 bucks and calibrating it another 250. Add taxes, etc you're looking at 1,400 at least. What a scam.....all it needs is a calibration with the right tool and 15 mins worth of labor.
Thats why they're called the stealer. :bs:

You hit the price right on the head, I'm talking exact numbers. It is a scam indeed. It's worst than stealing, it's strong arm robbery. I know that the car is barely driven, so to say that the sensor is shot was a lye to begin with. Higginbotham Mercedes Benz of Jackson, a true Stealership.:rolleyes:

In2MB's 11-01-2011 03:29 PM

Today, I went to the stealer to speak to the service manager. I explained how I did not like the way I was being treated and that I will be taking my car to another shop. Appologies appologies.....they want one more chance. So I get a call, they have the nerve to tell me that they have been inserting the wrong sensor for 8-9 days now; but the car will be ready tomorrow at noon.:rolf:
They're saying that they were sent the wrong part but didn't notice it.....:bs::bs::bs::crazy:.
Mercedes of Jackson=Pathetic.

rominl 11-01-2011 04:17 PM

that's so bs. first thing a good tech check is that it's the right part

listerone 11-01-2011 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by In2MB's (Post 4899282)
So I get a call, they have the nerve to tell me that they have been inserting the wrong sensor for 8-9 days now; but the car will be ready tomorrow at noon.:rolf: They're saying that they were sent the wrong part but didn't notice it.....

Having worked for 20 years at one of the world's most famous hospitals staffed by some of the finest physicians and surgeons alive I've seen stupider errors than that made.It could be BS but I wouldn't bet my last nickel that that's the case.It *is* pretty lame that the tech didn't cross check the part number before proceeding...if their claim is true.

In2MB's 11-02-2011 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by rominl (Post 4899353)
that's so bs. first thing a good tech check is that it's the right part

I agree, but the key word is "good." They called today saying they have fixed the sensor after nearly 2 weeks.

mistertonyn 11-02-2011 11:59 PM

Is there any good Indy shops near you?

If the stealerships is not working out...perhaps give an Indy shop some business.

In2MB's 11-03-2011 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by mistertonyn (Post 4901607)
If the stealerships is not working out...perhaps give an Indy shop some business.

I contacted two different Indy's today for future business. Talked to the managers of both, some good people referred me to both shops. I'm trying to avoid bad business, I'm sure we all are.

rominl 11-03-2011 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by In2MB's (Post 4901404)
I agree, but the key word is "good." They called today saying they have fixed the sensor after nearly 2 weeks.

so it's been "a day", what's the update?

In2MB's 11-03-2011 01:00 AM

^ It was a bad Distronic sensor, they said they couldn't calibrate it. Because of the bad service they knocked a large amount of the bill off. So the car is fixed, I basically paid for labor(an hour). The car has been picked up:zoom: and is at home. Hopefully it has been repaired correctly.

rominl 11-03-2011 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by In2MB's (Post 4901677)
^ It was a bad Distronic sensor, they said they couldn't calibrate it. Because of the bad service they knocked a large amount of the bill off. So the car is fixed, I basically paid for labor(an hour). The car has been picked up:zoom: and is at home. Hopefully it has been repaired correctly.

fingers crossed. at least if it's really fixed, you get "compensated" for the trouble...

In2MB's 11-03-2011 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by rominl (Post 4901709)
fingers crossed. at least if it's really fixed, you get "compensated" for the trouble...

True.