S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Navteq help needed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 S550 4Matic, '15 GL550, 360 Spider, Escalade ESV
Navteq help needed.

I posted this on the Mobile Electronics forum but no reply. I saw more Nav-related talk in this forum from the archives...

I just picked up a used CL63 a couple weeks ago.

The NAV is working nicely but I thought I'd look into getting an updated map since the car is nearing 5 years old. I thought I could just eject a disc to find out the version but apparently not. I assume it has the original Navteq software but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know if there's a way to find out what version I currently have?

Also...

-If I have the original software, is it worth upgrading to the V.11 Navteq disc?

-In reading the archives, I'm a bit confused...do I also need to have the dealer update COMAND separately? Approximate cost?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:40 AM

S550 2007
In my opinion it is definitely worth the upgrade especially if the maps have not been updated. Unfortunately the only way to find out what version you have is to insert a map DVD. If you have the original, you can insert and the screen will either say you have the same version installed, or that you have a newer version installed.

You do not need the command/telematics update to perform the Nav v11 update (or any other version for that matter) but it does provide some nice additional features you can take advantage of (i.e. birds eye view, traffic etc).

Either way, if you can get the latest nav DVD, then you should do it. several people have it for rent/sale on this board.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:46 AM

'15 S550 4Matic, '15 GL550, 360 Spider, Escalade ESV
Originally Posted by S5502007
In my opinion it is definitely worth the upgrade especially if the maps have not been updated. Unfortunately the only way to find out what version you have is to insert a map DVD. If you have the original, you can insert and the screen will either say you have the same version installed, or that you have a newer version installed.

You do not need the command/telematics update to perform the Nav v11 update (or any other version for that matter) but it does provide some nice additional features you can take advantage of (i.e. birds eye view, traffic etc).

Either way, if you can get the latest nav DVD, then you should do it. several people have it for rent/sale on this board.

Thanks for the feedback!

By the way my current version does have traffic but I don't see any option for birds eye view. Does that give a clue as to the version??

Do you know the approx cost of a Comand/telematics update?