S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Old 06-04-2015, 08:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Removing W221 door-panels..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 Mercedes S500, 2021 Suburban Duramax
Originally Posted by haralabi
Hi there multimillboy
Yes you are perfectly right
You need to remove the speaker grill please see my pictures from today (-:

Thanks for the information Haralabi. I'm going to try when I get home today. So pretty much just yank off the speaker grill slowly. Will post update.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes W221 450S AMG 2007
Originally Posted by Atcpup
Great thread! I have isolated a slight rattle to the passenger rear wood trim piece on the door. Can this be tightened or is it pretty much a snap on piece? And if it can be tightened, does the whole panel have to be removed? WIS shows two screw on each end but I am unsure how to access them.
Hi There

I have never taken of door trim pieces except the one on dashboard and that was fastened with 3 screw and clips

But I'm quiet sure you have to take of the door panel to get access to the two screw. just follow the how to in this thread is not so difficult
Remember to remove the el ribbon-wires and door handle wire carefully
put something with the right hight on the floor under the door panel so the panel can rest on that while you do this

Hope this will help you
Old 06-27-2014, 08:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by haralabi
Hi There

I have never taken of door trim pieces except the one on dashboard and that was fastened with 3 screw and clips

But I'm quiet sure you have to take of the door panel to get access to the two screw. just follow the how to in this thread is not so difficult
Remember to remove the el ribbon-wires and door handle wire carefully
put something with the right height on the floor under the door panel so the panel can rest on that while you do this

Hope this will help you
Thanks for the reply! Maybe I can pop off the bottom half of the panel enough to access the screws to the wood trim piece. I'll let everyone know how it goes.