S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does MB USA give a $h!t about customer complaints?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 04:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
08' S550, 04' E320 4matic, 03' Acura TL-S 6 speed, 1968 Vespa P150
Does MB USA give a $h!t about customer complaints?

I've been having some issues with my car that was created after bringing my car in for service. Does writing to MB USA help? do they even response to you?
Old 08-23-2012, 08:27 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 White/brown Nappa S550, '13 S550 4 matic, 11 S550 sold, '10 S550 Sports BLACK 08 S550 P3 sport
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
I've been having some issues with my car that was created after bringing my car in for service. Does writing to MB USA help? do they even response to you?
Yes they do. if you are having problems with the dealership then ask to speak with the service manager. if that does not help then either ask them or call MBusa and ask them to get you in touch with the area mercedes rep. they are very helpful and professional. hope this helps.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:31 PM

That's good to know, I just sent a nice letter to MB USA through their site. Lets hope they get things sorted out for me. I'm about ready to dumb MB and go test drive a Panamera.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class
What problems are you getting from the car?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by phatisfy
What problems are you getting from the car?
Started out with the wife running over something that fell of a truck on the highway, had slight front end vibration. No signs of damage rims but they found a slight shift in the sub-frame. 6k in repairs got a new sub frame in place. But they created issues with my ABS kicking in during hard u turns and certain curves. Brought it back with my 22"s and they blamed it on my rims and suspension. Told me to go get stock rims and bring it back took me awhile to finally buy some stock rims and brought it back. Conveniently, the SA that promise to continue the work left with some ****ty note in the system, so now they have to charge me diagnose fees. I figured $175 no big deal, they racked up my diagnostic fees to close $700 then wanted to charge me another $175 for alignment and not knowing if it would fix the problem. So I blew them off picked up my car, argued with the SA and got my $700 bill to $400 for nothing.

Since I got the car back my ABS would kick in on all kinds of turns while in the past I would have to try real hard to get it to kick in. On top of that, my car would now occasionally not completely shut down. I have to open and close the door restart the engine then shut down and it takes a few tries to get the car to shut down. Along with that, the driver side soft close doesn't always work which might be related to the engine shut down issue.

To add to the wound, when I picked up my car, I discovered that they had tore all of my trunk panels out and left it like that. I was so sick of dealing with them that I decided to put the panels back together myself. Makes me wonder if they left any nuts and bolts out on the rest of the car.

I basically echoed this to MB USA, if they don't step up and do the right thing, this would be the last Mercedes we buy.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:20 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,355 Likes on 2,809 Posts
2012 CLS63
That's good to know, I just sent a nice letter to MB USA through their site. Lets hope they get things sorted out for me. I'm about ready to dumb MB and go test drive a Panamera.
like that car won't cost twice as much when things start gong bad?
MB will care about your letter; but I doubt they'll care if you switch brands.....
they know there are 10's of thousands of people longing to drive a Benz you know? and plus; the good Panny is over 150K

but, that does sound like some garbage service from the dealer/////
Old 08-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,420 Likes on 3,147 Posts
'71 Pinto
https://mbworld.org/forums/2089508-post1.html
Old 08-24-2012, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
S-class
That's the worst customer service I ever heard of! Good luck with everything.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
From a dealer point of view, my clients have always had better luck when calling rather than writing, but both work extremely well. Once MBUSA gets involved your car will become top priority. Im sorry to hear about your terrible dealer experience. Horrid representation, i assure you not all are like that.

On another note. I have had on car that is very similar to this concern. Something to keep in mind. A 230 AMG car hit a retread on teh highway, cosmetic damage only...we thought. after all repairs done, drove to client and bam, esp/abs lights kicking on...vehicle going into limp mode. shut off turn on and goes away. We kept getting codes for WSS left front. replaced..same concern a little later, replaced again (i have seen bad parts even if theyre new) same concern. Long story short found a 2 cm round piece of metal lodged between the WSS and the tone-wheel causing a signal to be lost and kicking esp/abs off. I know you are saying the ABS is kicking ON. but just a thought. Id check harnesses to WSS etc... Im sure you have MBUSA phone # but its 1-800-367-6372 option #4 if i remember right. Good Luck
Old 08-25-2012, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by RENNTECH
From a dealer point of view, my clients have always had better luck when calling rather than writing, but both work extremely well. Once MBUSA gets involved your car will become top priority. Im sorry to hear about your terrible dealer experience. Horrid representation, i assure you not all are like that.

On another note. I have had on car that is very similar to this concern. Something to keep in mind. A 230 AMG car hit a retread on teh highway, cosmetic damage only...we thought. after all repairs done, drove to client and bam, esp/abs lights kicking on...vehicle going into limp mode. shut off turn on and goes away. We kept getting codes for WSS left front. replaced..same concern a little later, replaced again (i have seen bad parts even if theyre new) same concern. Long story short found a 2 cm round piece of metal lodged between the WSS and the tone-wheel causing a signal to be lost and kicking esp/abs off. I know you are saying the ABS is kicking ON. but just a thought. Id check harnesses to WSS etc... Im sure you have MBUSA phone # but its 1-800-367-6372 option #4 if i remember right. Good Luck

Very good info, thanks!! I'll give them a few days to response and try to call in at the end of the week.