S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Issue with only the right side of both drive dymanic multi contour seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550
Issue with only the right side of both drive dymanic multi contour seats

I’ve had my mechanic solve a few items on the car previously with some insight from the forums so I wanted to run my issue by you guys first to see if anybody has any ideas or TSBs.

I have a 2007 S550 and just recently I have some problems with a part of the multi contour drive dynamic seats in the front.

The part that is not working properly is the right side of the drive dynamic seats. They inflate on cornering but they don’t hold the air. The left sides of both seats still work fine. Since it happens on both sides it’s not a puncture or anything like that. If anybody has had a similar issue, knows of a related TSB, or has some insight on what parts are at play when it comes to the valve that is involved it would be helpful for my mechanic.

Thanks ahead of time.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:17 PM

2007 s550
Originally Posted by eugene22n
I’ve had my mechanic solve a few items on the car previously with some insight from the forums so I wanted to run my issue by you guys first to see if anybody has any ideas or TSBs.

I have a 2007 S550 and just recently I have some problems with a part of the multi contour drive dynamic seats in the front.

The part that is not working properly is the right side of the drive dynamic seats. They inflate on cornering but they don’t hold the air. The left sides of both seats still work fine. Since it happens on both sides it’s not a puncture or anything like that. If anybody has had a similar issue, knows of a related TSB, or has some insight on what parts are at play when it comes to the valve that is involved it would be helpful for my mechanic.

Thanks ahead of time.

Let me know what you find out here, I have the same year same car and mine does the same thing
Old 08-27-2012, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Mine does that on drivers seat. On passenger left does not work at all, bright just fine. So I think mine is a mixed bag. But if anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,445 Likes on 3,154 Posts
'71 Pinto
Not aware of any bulletins, attachment shows MC seat cushion module (15). Interesting that it happens only on right side of both seats, all I can suggest is carefully check both module assemblies - FYI part # 2219102875 MSRP $440, parts.com $316.80 (same for both sides).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Seats.pdf (282.2 KB, 361 views)
Old 08-27-2012, 06:53 PM

2007 S550
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Not aware of any bulletins, attachment shows MC seat cushion module (15). Interesting that it happens only on right side of both seats, all I can suggest is carefully check both module assemblies - FYI part # 2219102875 MSRP $440, parts.com $316.80 (same for both sides).
Thanks for the diagram. Thats a lot of parts for a seat. I was actually referring to the "seatback" side cushions that are inflated during cornering.

They inflate properly but don't lock in the air properly. Given that it happens on both front seats in the same fashion do you think that the issue would be somewhere outside of the module carriers in the seats themselves?

Also if I try to inflate the seatback sides through the seat adjustment menu both sides inflate properly on both seats but then the right sides go flat. So the issue is a general one with whatever valve(s) controls the seatback right sides.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2007 S550V4 2001 S430 (Sold) 1976 450 SL
I went through this on my 2007. Faults get cleared, option works for a while, all seats/air chambers/bladders deflate, faults shows\, multi contour/dynamic function becomes inoperable.

As long as the pump in the trunk area is solid, the only other culprit is the "carrier". In the pdf, it's #16, for anything in the seat back and #15, for anything in the seat.

I so far have replaced the passenger seat back carrier (commonly called an "adapter"), the drivers seat back carrier/adapter and now need to replace the drivers seat cushion adapter (#15). The diagnostic printout says, "Code # 001=9211. The module carrier for the seat cushion is defective." "Code #002=9307. Control module DSP is not activated."

I am long out of warranty. Indi did work; I bought parts. My digging you can get the adapter/carrier from an authorized MB online part seller for around $300. List is around $440.

That's been my experience in this wonderfully satisfying, but incredibly frustrating option. If the pro's, like Diesel Benz or Konigstiger (thanks for the PDF), see an error in my statement, pls. correct. Thanks.

Good luck.