S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Tim Eckart method.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S500
Smile Tim Eckart method.

Not sure if you guys ever heared of this Automatic Transmission Flush System invented by a German guys called Tim Eckart..

Have had this performed on my W221 S500 today, close to the German border at a renown company(Tunex) doing this flush method as one of the few companies in Holland.

It consists of a test-drive to check how it shifts, then they let out some of the trans-fluid and replace that with a specially developed cleaning fluid. Then it will be run idle inP, D as well as in R for about max 15-20 mins with the wheels running free from the ground.

After this 15/20 mins the engine is turned off then the filter is replaced and the transmission fluid will be flushed with a pump,whilst again running idle in P,D and R with wheels being free from the floor.

This whole process takes about an hour/hour and a half and you are 100% sure all the ATF is replaced and the transmssion internals are properly cleaned.

More info on this method on:

http://www.automatikoelwechselsystem.de/automatic.html

My findings:

Altought my tranny was shifting ok ;I thought after 83000 KM it was time to have this done as a preventive maintenance measure.
Must admit there is a noticable diffrence in shift quality, but especcially in quantity.It shifts even smoother and more frequent/rapid using the accelerator-pedal to shift down and up.

I was allowed to have a look when they dropped the pan and filter and all looked ok :no metal shavings or stuff on the magnet,the fluid though was pretty black and smelly already ,so thats done right on time for this one.
After that a little testdrive on the Autobahn and confirm that 215 Km per hour is a really good speed for this car ,with some power to spare.

Sorry, pics from iphone but gives you a rough idea how they do it.
Attached Thumbnails Tim Eckart method.-img_3712.jpg   Tim Eckart method.-img_3714.jpg   Tim Eckart method.-img_3717.jpg   Tim Eckart method.-img_3718.jpg