S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Hey! Small issue here..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Bens S350 AMG (Optic)
Hey! Small issue here..

Hey guys!

My name is Kevin, 19 years old and currently occupied in Sweden... small presentation of myself, I'm proud to be an owner of an Mercedes Bens S350 AMG (Optic) - 2006 - as closely re-built to the S63 as possible, some stuff are left out which is easily spotted by the trained eye to know that it's not an S63..

Anyway I have 2 issues at hand..

First : I have 3 keys, 2 of them are dead, by that I mean really dead, and now the 3rd one is showing the same marks, I'm gonna order new ones and bann the old ones to make them unusable, so basically this 3rd key has given me a hell, my dashboard is singing the starlight banners because of it, sometimes it wont open, sometimes the engine lamp ignites but goes away after a while when the key is giving me trouble. Whenever the key is functional and not giving me any problems it works just fine no problems at hand.

Second : The left backdoor has kinda broken I have no clue why and I believe the safety-for-children where you snap a little stick in order to make it un-openable from the inside, so basically the door cannot be opened..

I'll try to describe the picture a bit better, think of yourself opening a door, you pull the handle, well imagine that you pull the handle and it stays pulled out without any door opening.. Now how should I solve the problem? I could go to Mercedes Benz Authorized workshop and have them fix it, but if there is any kind of tweak to open it I would be thrilled and really of the charts happy... because in Sweden they'll charge me 500€ for just a fast error-checks with the computer.. We got the Bosch KTS 650 at home to be able to do that, but you get what I mean, it's expensive as hell to do anything... if not the insurance cover it..

Third : I want to update my software for my car, and have no clue what kind of software I should get.. (shame)'

And Forth issue : You know the part that sitts att the bottom of the rear bumper thats between the exhaust pipes? Well, someone stole mine and I'm trying to find the particular name for it but can't, it's waving when I'm at 240-250Km/h on the highway.. :-/

Well thank you for your time reading this wall of text, hope you enjoy it and look forward to solve these little issues at hand smoothly if the possibility and time is given

Thanks again..

Best regards, Kevin

PS. Holy **** I drive a Mercedes "Ben(s)" ... type-o

Last edited by KevinMalke93; 01-13-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S500
Key(are you sure it not the batteries?) you 'd have to get at dealership and need ID and car-docs for security..

For the door you probably have to use a plasic strip and a coat hanger or other metal wire carefully break into you own car :-),see if you can find any drawings of the inside of the door, else junkyard or compare the other side ;so you have an idea how the mechanism works.

Software(comand upgrade) also at dealership price anywhere between 75 and 150 Eur not sure how much in Krone..

Greetz from Amsterdam!!