S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 S550 Inspected to buy ; I need your opinions URGENTLY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation 2010 S550 Inspected to buy ; I need your opinions URGENTLY

Hello everyone ,

So I found a 2010 S550 4-Matic , Pano roof , keyless go , cashmere interior , pearl white exterior , heated seats , sat radio , rear cam , nav. system .. It has some small dings some with pain damage and some without ,, no previous body repair or accidents , Clean Carfax . Clean Autocheck .. BUT I ordered an inspection through AIM inspections . They sent a mechanic .. After he inspected the car he graded it with ( C ) grade because of the cosmetic issues ( dings ) and a broken sun visor's mirror , And because the seller informed him that the car has just got the engine mounts replaced .

I asked the mechanic if its something serious ? He said what concerned me is that its too early to change the mounts for a 2010 model . It has nearly 48,000 MILES ON IT . Priced $5000 bellow similar cars with similar model and spec. ( 55000 dollars).

I need your opinions so I can decide to buy or not ..
Old 04-11-2013, 11:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
S500
I won't since dings mean the driver was not really caring much about his vehicule , god knows what else is damaged but you find out 3 weeks after you have bought it.. And a repaint cost you at least that amount.. but when properly done, double for this kind of car at an excellent shop.
Unless you don't care and do paintless repair and a wrap..
Engine-mounts could be,as apparently this has been an issue for several members here.
To me it sounds like soneone kicked the hell out of the beast and then dumped it..

Last edited by marthyh; 04-11-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 S-550, 03 BMW Z4, 02 Jeep Wrangler
I would pass on it, buy a CPO from Mercedes and take their warranty with it
Old 04-11-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by marthyh
I won't since dings mean the driver was not really caring much about his vehicule , god knows what else is damaged but you find out 3 weeks after you have bought it.. And a repaint cost you at least that amount.. but when properly done, double for this kind of car at an excellent shop.
Unless you don't care and do paintless repair and a wrap..
Engine-mounts could be,as apparently this has been an issue for several members here.
To me it sounds like soneone kicked the hell out of the beast and then dumped it..

Actually dings arent visible unless u try to locate them and take few rounds around the car ,

I asked a certified Mercedes Mechanic told me that :

I would not consider the need for motor mount replacement to be grounds for rating the car a C. If the car checks out perfectly otherwise I see no reason to be concerned that the mounts have been replaced. In fact I'd consider it a plus if it was a recent repair because the mounts do wear out at around 50,000 miles. I would be more concerned about existing problems with the car. I imagine it's priced a little lower than most due to the condition of the body and the high mileage. If the engine oil is in good condition and there are no signs of lack of maintenance I would still consider purchasing the car if you like it more than the others you have seen for more money. I will say that I would prefer to spend a little more money to get a car with lower miles and perhaps flawless paint. Let me know if you have any questions.

The inspector comment was :

6 POINT UNDER CARRIAGE INSPECTION PERFORMED. ENGINE CRADLE OK. VEHICLE DRIVES GOOD,BRAKES
GOOD,ACCELERATES GOOD. THERE ARE NO ENGINE LEAKS,TRANSMISSION ENGAGES PROPERLY. THERE WERE NO SIGNS
OF PREVIOUS REPAIR. THERE ARE A COUPLE OF DINGS ON THE VEHICLE. LEFT REAR DOOR,REAR BUMPER COVER AND
RIHT QUATER PANEL HAVE DINGS. ACCORDING TO THE SELLER THE VEHICLES ENGINE MUNTS WERE REPLACED.

here's a link for the car anyway
http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...ealer_id=86424

Offered to me for 55K + swapping wheels with multi-spoke wheels from another s550 in the inventory nearly same milage ..
Old 04-11-2013, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by jwxspoon
I would pass on it, buy a CPO from Mercedes and take their warranty with it

Im exporting the car to Saudi Arabia where im going to use it ... prices there are up in the sky ... 65-70 k for same spec.

so CPO Warranty wouldn't do any good for me ..
Old 04-11-2013, 07:20 PM

I really appreciate your comments and opinions guys ..
Thank you so much
Old 04-11-2013, 07:22 PM

Another thing : I'm paying cash so thats why 5k will make a difference for me .. if leased I wont care to pay even 65k
Old 04-12-2013, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
S550, R350, GL550, ML63 AMG
Go with a car with lower miles! The lower the better, doesn't even have to be CPO if it's under 20K, chances are it's been hardly broken in.

Good luck!
Old 04-12-2013, 01:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 S550 4matic (AMG sport package), 2016 Corvette Stingray.
pass