S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Thanks to Adam at Eurocharged Houston and his team!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Thumbs up Thanks to Adam at Eurocharged Houston and his team!

I went to visit Eurocharged Houston yesterday to get my S550's ECU tuned, i didnt have an appointment but they took care of me right away, the whole process took less than 45mins and i didnt have to remove my ECU to send it out of state, it is also great to support local tuners and having the option to go back if further tuning is needed in the future.

Havent really had the time to really test the car after the tune due to my work schedule but i am hoping to find a good stretch of open hwy and test it over the weekend. As far as power, i do see a bit of improvements but the most noticeable is the mpg, it is now very steady at 20 mpg on a combined 60/40 street/hwy commute, where before the tune i was getting sometimes 17.5 mpg. Havent had the chance to test the top speed of the car yet but i already have an app on my iphone that can track the speed with gps to do the testing with, just waiting on the weekend so i can make a few runs down a deserted hwy and post the results along with a short video of the run.

The next mods that i am considering are:

1. Resonator delete
2. BMC air filter
3. Sprintbooster
4. Shorty headers

I would love to hear anyone's opinion on any of the above mentioned mods or the pros and cons based on personal experience with these mods.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Yes, MPG goes up a tad. May not be much but if you drive allot it adds up fast. I got a tune as soon as i got the car and glad i did. I've already paid it off with the gas saved.
S is a heavy car, so noticing 15ish hps is not going to be easy. but you'll notice engine response is a little sharper. Even my benz tech noticed.
I want to do all the same mods but i think my next one is going to be rear end. Im trying to do some research and according to Jerry at Eurocharged S class wont need a TCU tune if i want to swap rear gears. its already a setting in the computer that you can set. im trying to find a star to get in there and doublechek. Going form 2.6X to 3.27 should make the car feel lighter on it s feet at least on acceleration, still is a pig around corners but hey, its S not a C63
1. Resonator delete - may be raspy and not sound good. Do secondary cat delete instead ~5-10hp.
2. BMC air filter - fast and easy - ~2-5hp on a good day but also helps with engine response a tiny bit
3. Sprintbooster - i've read that after a while the car starts adjusting and becomes less responsive. Dont know how much truth to that.... But at first butt dyno will tell you you got 100hps
4. Shorty headers - Kleemann impossible to find. they stopped making them due to non-existing demand. RennTech wants $4+ thousand. the only way is to have someone make custom. Might cost as much a RennTech
If you find a shop to do headers for you, combine it with entire exhaust for best results.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:36 AM

S550
Originally Posted by malahhaor
Yes, MPG goes up a tad. May not be much but if you drive allot it adds up fast. I got a tune as soon as i got the car and glad i did. I've already paid it off with the gas saved.
S is a heavy car, so noticing 15ish hps is not going to be easy. but you'll notice engine response is a little sharper. Even my benz tech noticed.
I want to do all the same mods but i think my next one is going to be rear end. Im trying to do some research and according to Jerry at Eurocharged S class wont need a TCU tune if i want to swap rear gears. its already a setting in the computer that you can set. im trying to find a star to get in there and doublechek. Going form 2.6X to 3.27 should make the car feel lighter on it s feet at least on acceleration, still is a pig around corners but hey, its S not a C63
1. Resonator delete - may be raspy and not sound good. Do secondary cat delete instead ~5-10hp.
2. BMC air filter - fast and easy - ~2-5hp on a good day but also helps with engine response a tiny bit
3. Sprintbooster - i've read that after a while the car starts adjusting and becomes less responsive. Dont know how much truth to that.... But at first butt dyno will tell you you got 100hps
4. Shorty headers - Kleemann impossible to find. they stopped making them due to non-existing demand. RennTech wants $4+ thousand. the only way is to have someone make custom. Might cost as much a RennTech
If you find a shop to do headers for you, combine it with entire exhaust for best results.
Yes i am thinking about doing the secondary resonators and was wondering if anyone has done this before on a S 550? would love to hear how it sounds like before cutting the resonators off and welding the straight pipes.

Will have to do a bit more research on the sprint booster to see if it is really worth it or not, if the car starts to adjust itself it will defeat the purpose of the device in a long run.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:14 PM

S550
This would be my second week of driving after the ecu tune and i noticed the mpg went up significantly on hwy driving, it hit 28+mpg when i exited the hwy, my speed was steady between 65-75 most of the time.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
08' S550, 04' E320 4matic, 03' Acura TL-S 6 speed, 1968 Vespa P150
If I cruise down the highway @ 65 mph and reset my counter and just let it roll and go real easy on the gas, I can probably achieve that number without much effort.

Awhile back, reset my counter at the gas station and just drove normal on a 60 miles trip and was already getting close to 26 mpg. Not too impressive if you ask me.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:54 PM

S550
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
If I cruise down the highway @ 65 mph and reset my counter and just let it roll and go real easy on the gas, I can probably achieve that number without much effort.

Awhile back, reset my counter at the gas station and just drove normal on a 60 miles trip and was already getting close to 26 mpg. Not too impressive if you ask me.
Since i bought the car i have never seen mpg go higher than 25mpg (for more than 2 years), now more than a month after the ECU tune i have been getting anywhere from 27-34mpg if i drive conservatively on the highway, but city driving mpg still sucks.