S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Address book download to COMAND?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 06:59 AM
bha

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
13 GL350, 14 SL550
Address book download to COMAND?

I thought I read here that you could download address books (or vCards) to COMAND

Is this possible?

I have a bunch of addresses stored along with phone numbers in my phone. When the car syncs up with the phone, my entire phonebook is accessible.

But when I want to navigate, I don't have any addresses. I don't want to have to enter 100 different addresses into COMAND with the scroll wheel

Is there any way to force an upload of my addresses, or to upload a bunch at a time? Or to even have it automatically done?

I can't find anything in the manual. But a few searches of MB forums make mention of vCard compatibility.. but no other details are posted.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
You probably have one of those new fancy easy to use phones that hardly are capable of anything complicated. On an older phone I can simply select all address book entries and send them via bluetooth to my Comand head unit.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:40 PM
bha

13 GL350, 14 SL550
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
You probably have one of those new fancy easy to use phones that hardly are capable of anything complicated. On an older phone I can simply select all address book entries and send them via bluetooth to my Comand head unit.
You're right, I do have one of those phones

Thanks for the input..I didn't realize I should be doing it from the "phone" side of things. I was looking through menus on COMAND trying to find some kind of 'download' option.

So you just select the entries in your phone and push them via Bluetooth... do you need COMAND on any specific screen to do this? Or just paired and with the key turned on is good enough?
Old 05-07-2014, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by bha

So you just select the entries in your phone and push them via Bluetooth... do you need COMAND on any specific screen to do this? Or just paired and with the key turned on is good enough?
Your COMAND should be equal to what I have and I've just paired COMAND (the "UHI-something", not the bluetooth phone adapter if you have one). The phone needs to be able to send business cards (visitor cards) via bluetooth, preferably one that allows the complete phonebook being sent in one go.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:20 AM
bha

13 GL350, 14 SL550
After some Googling, I found this post on a forum:
http://forums.webosnation.com/palm-o...ml#post1289493

It describes exactly what you mention. You turn of the "phone" bluetooth and pair to the "car" bluetooth. Didn't realize the car actually could have 2 bluetooth connections to the phone.

Got to the last step but it won't work. I have successfully paired my phone to the UHI-xxxxx, disabled the "phone" bluetooth conection, but I can't seem to connect to UHI via Bluetooth. It shows up in my list of BT devices on my phone, but when I tap it, I don't get a "Connect" button. All of my other BT devices on my phone have a "headset" icon next to them (includes my headset, other MB with bluetooth, bluetooth speaker units, etc.). But this one has a "phone" icon next to it.

So I have everything set up but can't seem to actually connect. I can even go into my contacts and send the vCard, and the UHI shows up in the list. But the file transfer fails because it's not connected.

Wondering if it's a phone-side issue. Weird because it's a Google Nexus 4 with the latest version of Android, and it's completely stock (not rooted). If this should work on any phone, it would be my phone!

Oh well.. will keep playing with it.