S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Help Heat not working! sunroof is possesed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550
Help Heat not working! sunroof is possesed!

Really? My heat isn't working. I just moved from San Antonio to Seattle- Tacoma area. Never actually used the heat alot in 100 degree weather in SA. Now that Ive moved hear I've started to use it...its cold. The car is in the garage and its like 45 or 50 outside. I set the climate control to 75 or 78 or up or HI...STILL BLOWS COLD AIR as if only ac is working. run it for a while and start freezing the car...no hot air! What is the deal!!! Help. its never happens before but haven't used heat in SA only on cold days using climate control of course.

Another thing happened. its was a sunny day, I opened the sunroof all they way open, pulled up to the store, pressed the button and for a second for it to close fully automatically. I left came back and the sunroof was halfway open. I thought I left if open. So I opened it again, went somewhere and did the same thing, closed it but noticed that it when half way and went back to the same position as before on its own. I have to actually hold the button until it closes not push it one time like before. Again when I push it one time, it goes forward as if to close, then halfway comes back to original open position, like a garage door not closing when something is in the sensor area. Any thoughts?

Has moving to a colder area just messed things up????
Old 10-22-2014, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
My 2010 wouldn't produce heat this morning either. Put the temps all the way to HI and nothing but ice cold air. It had a prior issue where it wouldn't cool for the first five minutes, which on a 100 degree day is exactly when you need it. They replaced the controller and blower motor. It's going in to MB Wednesday. We'll see. Chances are between the prior $2000 repair and this one I'll be officially break-even on the $4500 extended CPO with two years to go.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,439 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
May be the coolant circulation pump (M13) located at the rear of the engine compartment on the left beside the brake booster.

Sunroof resynch see attachment, if this fails need to clean/lubricate see here http://workshop-manuals.com/mercedes...ir/procedures/ (Plastilube is a cost effective alternative to MB product).
Attached Thumbnails Help Heat not working! sunroof is possesed!-pump.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
07S_OM.pdf (34.3 KB, 346 views)
Old 10-22-2014, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s550
Thanks guys, I'll give this a try. Love the forums! thank you again!