S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Heated Seat and Rear Centre Seatbelt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 11:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S500L
Heated Seat and Rear Centre Seatbelt

I lurk on here regularly but have not posted in a while. I bought a S500L (550) back in March (or May) last year. A couple of days after getting it I had the ISM go on the gearbox which was a nightmare to fix. The Amp was also not working. I managed to get these things fixed and luckly the car has been running very well for the last 18,000 miles.

I have a few nigly things I need to sort out:

1) I have heated seats all around, they all work except the drivers seat https://mbworld.org/forums/images/smilies/bonk.gif

I got someone to put it on the Star computer and the error code said something like "The heated cushion is defective or not connected". What are the chances that is a problem with the switch rather than the heating element? It was -3C this morning and I really could do with the heater working. The headrest button and the seatbelt high adjuster also don't work for the drivers side. When connected to the computer I was able to control the headrest via the software so the motor seems to work.

2) I have the panoramic roof and the front shade works find unless I retract it fully, after which it will not move forward. If I close it halfway I can move it back and forward. Its only when I fully open it. Again when it is fully open I can close it using the computer.

3) Not really a fault but I have electric multi contour rear seats. I don't have a three point seatbelt in the rear middle. Is this something I can retrofit? My daughter is in a booster seat and I would prefer to put her in the middle but can't because I only have a lap belt.

Thanks in advance for any feedback