S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

I promise I'll post a thread on how I love this car soon.. Until then..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S600, 2011 Ducati 1198
I promise I'll post a thread on how I love this car soon.. Until then..

Gents,

Here I am again with another lovely post. Dont get me wrong, I love this car I did just get that Visseo MB-4 thing and its awesome! I just feel like its a risk everyday I drive this thing. Im slowly starting to get worried that this ASC warranty will drop me.. Does anyone know of extended service companies doing this?

I will just give you all an update on what I have had done to my car since my previous post about 1.5 months ago. The dealer did finally replace the Hydraulic control unit on my s600 with the extended service contract paying for it.. However, a line blew off.. Funny is their reasoning, in that they said it was because the system was operating below normal pressure due to the leak from the HCU. I thought this was interesting as it was merely dripping and a system at 4500 psi would most certainly not allow me to drive safely if it was operating at a lower pressure.. The hose "supposedly" blew off at about 2000 psi.. Whatever.. I paid for it, as the ASC Warranty doesn't cover hoses.. Anyway, I probably won't go back to that dealer..

1 month later.. Pot hole! Yeah.. The pothole from hell.. I wanted new rims anyway and because it cracked the passenger rim and blew out the tire.. I got some.. Best part of that night though? The spare blew out.. I should of checked that before I left the dealer when I bought the car as well.. Note taken.. Anyone have a spare? Silver lining to this is that South Carolina pays for pothole damage, windshields, and rock chips on your front bumper.

2 weeks later.. AKA now.. Car had the Check engine light come in.. I had the codes read, cylinders 1 & 7 misfiring.. Well that sucks, mainly because I can't say its just one coil as its on both sides of the block. Anyway, warranty company is paying for both coils and I'm going to get new spark plugs. Possibly have the fuel delivery unit replaced and whatever else is going out. All in all, this latter part isn't finished yet and I'll be sure to update you all. I'll try to post a pic of my beauty with its new rims. I ultimately went with Nitto NT555 Extremes.. I love em so far!
Attached Thumbnails I promise I'll post a thread on how I love this car soon.. Until then..-11064835_2820734990518_1022423116993986311_n.jpg  

Last edited by ducatista4life; 04-03-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S600, 2011 Ducati 1198
Update.. Warranty isn't paying for Fuel delivery unit, the front four cylinders are not receiving the correct amount of pressure and evidently its not the fuel pump as it is working great. Ill be sure to keep y'all updated. Thankfully its only a $500 part with about 1.5 hrs of labor.. 24 Plugs are about $400 but I figure its best to just pay for these while the coils are out and use the labor thats already paid for.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 558 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Sorry you're going through this, but it's common on older S Class in general, not to mention the more complex 600. I don't think a warranty company can drop you per se. They may become increasingly difficult to get coverage decisions in your favor out of though. As I've stated ad nausea, I think the CPO warranty is a better value overall than even a "good" third party. They deny very little. (I've never had any repair declined under CPO).

Of course the car itself is intoxicating and you can't help but to keep dumping money into it.