S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

A/C off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Benz S550
A/C off

Guys

i have an 07 s550. I replaced the compressor a couple of months ago. i didnt recharge the ac when it was done becuase that specific shop didnt have the machine to do it. I took it to another shop and had the a/c freon recharged.

However, the ac still isnt working. the car is just blowing air (fan). The a/c is automatically off and wont come on at all, and whenever i try to "uncheck" the "a/c off" option in the climax control setting it immediately check itself back to "a/c off"

Does the car need to be reprogrammed inorder for the a/c to work after replacing the compressor and recharging the freon? what do you guys think the issue is?
Thanks guys
Old 05-07-2015, 04:53 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
Your car needs to be read. The ac is "off" because some sensor (usually pressure or temp) is not reading what it should and the system keep the compressor disengaged.

I would venture to say that your old compressor was still good and your problem was electronic rather than mechanical.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:28 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
2009 S550 AMG sport pckg. 2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrewcab
Originally Posted by alx
Your car needs to be read. The ac is "off" because some sensor (usually pressure or temp) is not reading what it should and the system keep the compressor disengaged.

I would venture to say that your old compressor was still good and your problem was electronic rather than mechanical.
Alx is correct. A neighbor of mine has a SL63 that he had to have the refrigerant recharged and the ac would not turn on. There was a MIL light on so we cleared the fault/light with SDS and voila ac worked