S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cracking suspension steering rack noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 s430
Cracking suspension steering rack noise

I am actually a 220 owner but while looking for answers to my problem as in the title of this thread I unknowingly ended up in the w221 forums and saw this being addressed. Not wanting to pay the prices I saw quoted to see if it MIGHT be the issue I did some research.

I'm writing this post to say if you don't want to buy from MB at ridiculous prices but want the real thing as per the service bulletin you don't have to.

I got hint information from pictures from various places then contacted ITW Adhesives (DEVCON) with all that info and what I felt were some relevant pics to find out what the product is known as if it isn't branded with an MB logo and if its available retail.

The response was that it is known as Devcon 5 Minute Epoxy, #14250 in the USA which i found on google shopping for under $10

In MY case I did not end up buying the product but found that tightening the steering rack bolts did most of the trick for awhile and I also found my driver side inner control arm seems to have some play. Again, I have w220 I don't know if the w221 steering rack has the same setup or not

I hope this helps somebody in the future