Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > S-Class (W221)
08 S550 4matic radio not working, no sound but NAV works >

08 S550 4matic radio not working, no sound but NAV works

Notices
S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

08 S550 4matic radio not working, no sound but NAV works

Old 05-15-2019, 12:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz S550
Originally Posted by alexander nunez View Post
Hello my name is Alexander I work with this units, what exactly is the problem you have?
Hello Alexander,

My issue is, someone stole my amplifier in the truck while the vehicle was getting painted.

I bought another on $800 buck.

I hooked up , doesn't work, I tested the voltage, I noticed I only got constant and ground, no ignition. I believe ignition supposed to trigger the amplifier.

I checked all fuses I could find through internet.

Pls do you have the wiring diagram for the amplifier for s550 08. I will appreciate. I only want to know the ignition wire that goes to the amplifier.

Thank you.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:52 AM

S550
Originally Posted by azontodance View Post
Hello Alexander,

My issue is, someone stole my amplifier in the truck while the vehicle was getting painted.

I bought another on $800 buck.

I hooked up , doesn't work, I tested the voltage, I noticed I only got constant and ground, no ignition. I believe ignition supposed to trigger the amplifier.

I checked all fuses I could find through internet.

Pls do you have the wiring diagram for the amplifier for s550 08. I will appreciate. I only want to know the ignition wire that goes to the amplifier.

Thank you.
Hello azontodance,
I can get it but do you have 12 volt coming in? If you got the voltage this amp should be working if the amp is good. When you power up the radio what can you see? No station? No volume? Blank display? If you unplug the connector from the radio,is the optic cable blinking?
Old 05-15-2019, 06:31 AM

S550
Originally Posted by Levi Roldan View Post
hello mike my name is Levi i have 07 S550 w221 with most /audio problems is base model so i have only sat radio and tuner(amp) in the trunk. i have xentry/das scan tool with code for most gateway report open loop unknown position d100 i also have a by pass loop tried in all possible modules with no success no sound nav works cd changer loads and reads cds but no radio station numbers are display and obviously no sound, is it possible for the comand to go bad even tho still it appears to be fully functional i could see light on the fiber optics only when i reset the ring with scanner. any help would be much appreciated.
Hello my name is Alexander I do some work in amp and head units. Did you fix the problem?
Old 05-16-2019, 03:08 AM

S550
Old 05-16-2019, 10:10 PM

S550
Check

Originally Posted by azontodance View Post
Hello Then043, how are you? please did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm having the same issue. My amp won't even have ignition trigger power..
I had the same problem it was the amp but I would take it 2 the dealer just to make sure because it could be a lot of different things The radio runs on a close circuit so if one of the chains doesn’t work nothing works You can get the amp fixed for $300 on eBay but you need to send it to Florida
Old 05-16-2019, 10:15 PM

S550
Originally Posted by Benzton View Post
I had the same problem it was the amp but I would take it 2 the dealer just to make sure because it could be a lot of different things The radio runs on a close circuit so if one of the chains doesn’t work nothing works You can get the amp fixed for $300 on eBay but you need to send it to Florida
Hello I can do the repair I being working in this type of units for years. If something I can help let me know.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:40 AM

S550
Thanks

Thanks for answering the post but I all ready fix the problem
Old 05-21-2019, 12:16 PM

S550
Ok no problem.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:54 PM

2008 s550 4 matic
What was the problem with your radio cutting on and off.