S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Dealing with rim and tire shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 07:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
s550
Dealing with rim and tire shop

Im going to make this as short as I can. I had a bent wheel took to a shop they did ****ty repair. I took it 2 weeks ago to my normal guy and he fixes it alright. But after picking up my car I notice now my car is pulling to the left. Yesterday I was washing my car and the paint on the fix wheel starts coming off. I took my car to ntb today to do my alignment. Even after alignment my car pulls to the left. So now I'm pissed. I took my car to show the guy who fixed my wheel and he is telling me I have to pay $90 to fix it again. Its not his fault that there was some chemical on the wheel thats making the paint not stick. I tell him look Ive done paint and body work along time ago. The paint isnt sticking cause you did not prep it correctly. So I'm like fine tell me the offsets of my wheels so I can buy a new wheel myself. He refuses to tell me makes up some b.s. excuse how he has to call accountant. I tell him I bought the wheels from him less then a year ago. He should have some record of this in his computer. Now I'm so pissed I'm bout to to punch the guy. I'm yelling at him cause 1. he wont give me my offsets of my wheels to I can replace them myself. 2. he wont repaint my wheel. Now im left out with a messed up looking wheel. Im going to sand and repaint the wheel myself now. Its frustrating dealing with shops like this. I had to leave and get out of there before my anger got the best of me.

Last edited by xxfightclubxx; 01-05-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Measure the backspacing. On the rear of the wheel, measure the distance from the hub mounting surface to the rear edge of the rim. We can determine the offset by the backspacing. (Also need the wheel width).
Old 01-05-2016, 10:15 PM

s550
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Measure the backspacing. On the rear of the wheel, measure the distance from the hub mounting surface to the rear edge of the rim. We can determine the offset by the backspacing. (Also need the wheel width).
thank you. ima going to pull the wheel off some time next week and measure it.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Ok. I'm going to try to remember how to calculate offset from backspace😕

Also check for a stamping on the inside of the face. That might show the offset and save us some math.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:20 PM

s550
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Ok. I'm going to try to remember how to calculate offset from backspace😕

Also check for a stamping on the inside of the face. That might show the offset and save us some math.
ill look it up and see how we can get the offset. When the wheel was off before I had looked for the offset and didnt find it at all. Im going to wait till the temp isnt so cold out and take my wheel off. I'm going to prep and repaint it myself. I plan on just ordering new wheels sooner then I really want to. I was really looking at upgrading my sound system in my car. But If something is wrong with my car it bothers the hell out of me till I get it fixed. I just cant believe how people run a business and do half *** work.