S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

W221 - New owner with some issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 W221 2006 LWB
W221 - New owner with some issues

Hi everyone, purchased my first ever Mercedes! Love it already but I do have some questions with my purchase.

1. On cold there is a jerk going from 2-3. When warm the transmission operates fine. The car has only done 50K so I intend to change the fluid as I'm extremely handy with a spanner. Just asking if this is normal to have a jerk like this or is it an early sign on a failure with the TCM or something?

2. I get a knocking from the front at slow speeds, I prematurely ordered some droplinks as I couldn't be bothered to stick it on the 2 poster. Yesterday I decided to stick it up and inspected the bushes and they're split badly so need to stick on some new control arms. Whilst I'm here is there anything else that prematurely wears on teh suspension that I should look at? I did see the ARB bush glue thing

3. My blind is stuck down, I can hear the click but no action. I'm assuming it's dead and cba to take the interior apart. However just to confirm my understanding is there isn't a specific fuse for the rear blind, it is controlled by the sam module set?

4. Have a picture :

http://s18.postimg.org/kdot1n7o7/IMG_5359.jpg

I've already replaced the rear cam plugs as they were leaking, thought it was the rocker cover gasket but it wasn't. Easiest repair ever
Old 02-23-2016, 11:55 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe | 2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
1) The hard shift is not normal. The transmission fluid/filter change interval for the US cars is 39,000 miles. This service requires a star diagnostic system or similar to do it correctly. You don't want to get any foreign material in the transmission fluid, a new or rebuilt transmission will be quite expensive. In the meantime, let it warm up prior to driving.
2) As you are aware, there is a potential issue with the anti roll bar mounts requiring glue.
From what you noted, it needs control arms, so that may fix the noisy suspension.