S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Install Tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 550 and E 320
Install Tips

I want to install sheepskin seat covers on my wife's S 550. Have done this on several other earlier S and E class cars and recently my P.U., so I have a little experience. The problem I have with the W 221 chassis is with the seat cushion with the drawer/lid in front and the plastic surround that skirts the lower cushion. As with many after market accessories these covers did not come with any install instructions or tips.

Searched utube for a video to no avail, I am hoping someone can help me out on this forum. I would like to learn how to remove the skirting so I can hide the tie downs from view. The drawer/ lid problem may be just threading the tie down thru the drawer/lid latch bale if the catch doesn't interfere. This will only be possible if the cover is short short enough along the front so it doesn't cover the drawer/lid.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:40 PM

S 550 and E 320
I was hopeful that someone would be able to help me out, but so far no one has been able to post what I need.

I visited my local M/B Dealer today to order a part and requested copies of the exploded parts list that covers the W 221 front seat. The diagram does not give the point to point information I need, it does show the individual components but not how they interlock/fit together. If some one doesn't come to my rescue soon I will have to remove the complete seat assembly and while upside down dismantle it so I can neatly install the seat covers.

For reference I have contacted the Mfg. of the covers, thinking that they surely have customers/retailers/ installers that have a track record installing this product. They sent me photos of an installation on possibly a old 250 or 300D, which of course is of no need to me. I told them that someone there has to check their product so it complies with their with their application statement. They emailed me that the engineering dept. is reviewing the application. They have to know if this fits and how as it has provisions for the side air bag. Have not heard back from them.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,438 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
This may help...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
seat trim.pdf (357.1 KB, 144 views)
Old 05-05-2016, 01:58 PM

S 550 and E 320
Originally Posted by konigstiger
This may help...
Really appreciate konigstiger coming to my rescue, I am new here but in checking other posts he has saved the bacon for many others, thank you very much.

A slight delay in my response as I had a little problem with the computer, now fixed but just in time for another problem. Couldn't print out the nifty tech photos as I just learned my printer has a fatal flaw and is being replaced by HP.
If you have a HP printer you may be next for print head failure.

The info. supplied by konigstiger I believe will allow covers to be installed without removing the seat from the car. This is important if you would want to wash them easily in the future, it won't be as easy as in the past where my wife could take them off and reinstall. But they will look good when in place.

Thanks Again!