S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Anyone else experience this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2016, 11:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
96 S 420

So, I purchased a CPO 2013 S550 on Thursday. The dealership was 3 hours away so I had some quiet time to become intimate with my new vehicle, which was very nice.

But since then I've spent at least a total of an hour or more in 2 or 3 separate sessions on the driveway just playing around trying to figure stuff out. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning.

I keep walking past the window and looking at it. And I giggle every time I get out of the car and it hisses as it expels air. It sounds like a dragon. I drive a fire breathing dragon. With realllllllly nice leather seats.

When I bought my 96 S420, 10 years ago, it made me feel like I had the biggest junk on the block. This car makes me feel like that too...like I'm 18 again, only with an appreciation for good scotch. lol

Good Lord I love this car.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
Sort of. For me it was with p***y. But I get the general gist of what you're saying. Dave was pretty blasé about his 221 until he got his first set of Cooper Zeon tires. Now he sleeps next to his S600 in the garage and writes poems about his wheels. The poems kind of suck but he's been on the board so long we have to put up with them. This was his last "gem":

Ode To Zeon
By Dave

O Zeon! Ancient God
Fleet of foot
Strong of heart

O Zeon! Brave are thee
Dutiful in purpose
Proud defender

And with excellent wear
And traction characteristics
Also I am very gay!

Not sure what the sexual reference was about. But, you know, "artists".
The following users liked this post:
mercedesbenzs55 (05-11-2016)
Old 05-08-2016, 01:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
96 S 420
LOL.

My wife was yelling at me earlier and made me drive to the library to return her borrowed DVD movies as "punishment." Silly woman.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 474 Posts
2016 C300
My wife wanted me to do that too and I was like "STFU wife. This isn't 1994!" Then we had to hurry because we were running late to a "Hootie And The Blowfish" concert and dinner at Bennigans.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 S550 4Matic
I just bought a '13 S550 CPO too and have enjoyed taking it on a couple of road trips. It has decent power (not quite as immediate as the E63 I had before). It drives quite well when I put the transmission and suspension in Sport mode. I like the Distronic cruise control and blind spot assist. I might have to turn off the lane keeping assist - mostly annoying when it thumps your steering wheel and starts braking one side of the vehicle to "help" you get back into your lane. Have not used the parking assist yet. I could do without the coffee cup assistant, it keeps reminding me that I'm an "erratic" driver . Oh, and my wife adores the massaging/dynamic seats.
Enjoy your new car!

Last edited by gsholz; 05-08-2016 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 477 Likes on 364 Posts
2015 S550
Originally Posted by Mike5215
Sort of. For me it was with p***y. But I get the general gist of what you're saying. Dave was pretty blasé about his 221 until he got his first set of Cooper Zeon tires. Now he sleeps next to his S600 in the garage and writes poems about his wheels. The poems kind of suck but he's been on the board so long we have to put up with them. This was his last "gem":

Ode To Zeon
By Dave

O Zeon! Ancient God
Fleet of foot
Strong of heart

O Zeon! Brave are thee
Dutiful in purpose
Proud defender

And with excellent wear
And traction characteristics
Also I am very gay!

Not sure what the sexual reference was about. But, you know, "artists".
There's nothing like the sweet sounds Cooper Zeons make as the tread separates from the tires going 60 mph. It's like the symphonic sound of smooth jazz and the shrill of gangsta rap featuring Kanye West all at once. Then throw in a little Run DMC with the DJ scratching along.....although I believe the scratching noise is from the tire coming off the wheel and going bare rim down the highway. Music to my ears.

BTW, write your own damn poems....and stop adding your own material to the end of mine.