MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   S-Class (W221) (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221-74/)
-   -   Facelift bi-xenon headlights w/Nightvision PlugNPlay (https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221/659300-facelift-bi-xenon-headlights-w-nightvision-plugnplay.html)

dlafever 07-09-2019 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Benz Boy#1 (Post 7798593)
I noticed that as well. Been eyeing these. Nice to see further confirmation that the night vision works and that the cutoff is sharp. May pull the trigger soon.

Did you facelift lift the taillights as well? I kind of like the old taillights more but not sure if they’ll flow well with the new headlights w LED running lights.

I did the set of headlamps and tail lamps, cost $100 less. It really makes the car look years younger and the front now looks confident instead of that 'Nicholson' look of the early headlights.

Photos here;

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w22...aillights.html

Benz Boy#1 07-09-2019 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by dlafever (Post 7798747)
I did the set of headlamps and tail lamps, cost $100 less. It really makes the car look years younger and the front now looks confident instead of that 'Nicholson' look of the early headlights.

Photos here;

https://www.benzworld.org/forums/w22...aillights.html

Looks absolutely fantastic. Think I’m going to pull the trigger. Fitment looks OEM.

mbpeppe 12-21-2019 07:42 AM

I also bought these Headlights from "fishcake"

"Plug and play" Nightvision compatible headlights for my 07 W221 S-Class.

Well...
The Night Vision projectors doesn't have a infrared filter in them at all !!
So instead of the "invisible light" my OE lamps emit this is just like turning a high beam straight in the face on oncoming traffic.

Don't know if they are all like that, but this clearly does not work.

Lorzo1084 06-10-2021 08:28 PM

Facelift bi-xenon headlights w/NV plug and play

Originally Posted by bensitto (Post 7086097)
Glad I held out on the costly wiring harnesses and coding method!

There's finally a night vision (Night view assist) headlight facelift version that is plug & play, all features work including active curve when turning your steering wheel, night vision, self-leveling, turning lights, and dual colored turn signals. Depot released this plug and play version. Got mine 2 weeks ago and everything is working perfectly.

Only thing is they switch the night vision bulb to a H9 instead of the OEM H11, I dremelled off the nub to make the H11 fit and used my factory bulb. H9 is too bright and did not have the coating on the tip to diffuse the light.

Bought mine from "fishcake321" on eBay
They were low on the night vision stock but they are out there, call them for availability.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152177153451...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

FROM THE LISTING:
If you have the Night Vision model and your Infrared (IR) Reader is on your "Windshield," this headlight will fit your model and you will retain the Infrared Night Vision Feature.

I contacted fishcake321, he assured me they are out of stock at this time. Do you know of any other dealers that carry these plug and play headlights for the 07-09 S Class? Also, where did you get your upgraded fog lights?

TURBO-BS 08-01-2023 05:56 AM

I know this is an old post, but I have a 2007 W221 and I don't like the pre-facelift headlights
My car is equiped with nightvision, And I can't find a seller in Europe that sell these plug and play nightvision headlights.

Some advertisements say 'This headlight is compatible to Models with “night vision” as long as your night vision camera is located behind your interior middle rear view mirror instead of inside of your headlight''
But I don't think that's right.

Or does someone have a list of parts that I need to do an original retrofit?

BOTUS 08-01-2023 06:13 AM

delete night vision - its of no use whatsoever

that said I'm STILL waiting for ANY owner (of a standard non night vision car) to bother to run outside, put it on main beam and tell us if you get 4 grown up headlights - like a real car should have - if they get 4 headlights definitely swap to anything but night vision's dim as hell only 2 glow worm death lights and a screen you probably can't be bothered to turn on - that's out of your line of sight - that's not helping anyone but a passenger who doesn't like to look at it, and who doesn't bother to mention what they might be able to see - and even if they had, by the time they relayed that to you and your brain processed the data you already hit it

if you buy genuine facelift lights - they are not plug and play there is coding to enable their operation - the people I know that do it use a later central gateway to flash over the newer software the car needs - then swap back to its original gateway once the works done - benzninja might be able to do that work on a std car if you're joining his club

there are loads of lights

stock (2 bulb main bulbs per unit)
stock with cornering illumination (3 main bulbs per unit)
nightvision with cornering etc. (1 normal bulb, one joke infra red bulb where main bean should be, and another silly hidden one on the inside)

then at least the same again for the facelift cars - I forget probably all that x 2 again for LHD and RHD to get right

nath_h 08-01-2023 07:12 AM

I'll second what Botus said...just forget night vision as you decide how to proceed. I thought I wanted it, and passed on what probably would have been a better car without it, but it is worthless. You will never use it, other than to show your wife once driving home from a late dinner.

bensitto 08-01-2023 08:18 AM

The night vision plug and play replacements work. I have had them on my car for years now... Everything functions exactly like stock.
Here's where I got mine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15319885271...Bk9SR-yaupC2Yg

TURBO-BS 08-01-2023 11:26 AM

I get what you guys are saying but I'm always adding options to my cars, to delete a option is not really in my nature haha
The units excist, but he doesn't send them to the Netherlands.

It;s very strange that he's the only seller

BOTUS 08-01-2023 11:40 AM

do you want to see where you are going or crash ?

that said if you are only ever going to drive in NL you don't need headlights anyway - its much quicker to walk than try to drive with the joke max speed of 60mph - for a liberal country where anything goes, its incredible how you have all fallen for the trick of being stopped from driving at anything like a sensible speed anywhere.- next step will be home delivered pot and junk food whilst your jail cell loops free Netflix - give it a month or too and the dream will be in play

TURBO-BS 08-03-2023 03:37 AM

Yes the Netherlands is not the best country to drive if you want to go fast. During the day it's 100 km/h and after 19:00 it's 130 km/h. Actually I don't mind, its quite relaxed to drive like this. If you want to drive fast Germany is close by.

But this all doesn't really matter, I just want to keep the option. I contacted fishcake, but no response unfortunately