S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Consumer Battery Replacemnet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 12:35 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2008 S550, 2004 G500, 2020 Cayenne
Consumer Battery Replacemnet

I've just replaced the consumer battery in the trunk and I want to share the issues that I've had. First, I didn't have any battery problem, but I wanted to replace it since it's an original battery over ten years old. Starter battery was replaced last year when it went dead. It wasn't that bad to take out the back panel and put the new one in although I had to go inside the trunk since battery was heavy and space was tight. Everything worked fine after replacement except sunroof, which wasn't working at all. I tried to sync a few times but it didn't fix. When I took the fuse out and put it back and sunroof came back to life. Also, side view mirrors weren't folding when I locked the car. I switched on and off the folding features in command but that didn't fix it. After I manually folded the mirrors a couple of times, it started folding when I'm locking the car. I'm not sure if that fixed it or it was just a matter of time. All are working fine now, in retrospect, I'm not sure if I had taken out the push start button from the ignition prior to disconnecting the battery, which I didn't, would've made a difference. Also, the old battery might not be an original, it has 16/15 sticker on the side which may be 16th week of 2015? Can anyone verify that? If it is, how can I maintain to keep it as an extra?