S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Beware of Rebuild Master Tech!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 10:59 AM

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts
Mayback
Beware of Rebuild Master Tech!

So last year I sent in my failed air struts on my 07 Audi A8 to get rebuilt by Rebuild Master Tech in Pompano Beach FL. They sent them back, I got them installed and they turned out to be defective (clunked). I have everything documented by my Indy and 2 Audi dealers. Talked to head tech at Rebuild Master Tech (Andrew) and he said they were having problems with other customers with the same issue and were working on a resolution by modifying the strut mount bushing. They sent me 2 other replacement sets which were also defective. The issue is with their poorly rebuilt struts as I finally put on a set of used OEM and all is good! I spoke to the owner (Darlene) who seemed to care less and she told me via phone conversation to send back the defective parts and they will refund my money ($554.52). I sent the parts back, FedEx confirmed receipt and now the owner stopped answering my emails and has a receptionist screening her calls so that she can't talk to me on the phone. This has been for the past 30 days! At one point the owner said she was working on my refund and now recently she passed a message on to her receptionist that she probably won't refund the money. This is blatant theft! I have receipts, and email correspondence of everything. What would you do in this situation?
Old 08-29-2017, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 536 Likes on 372 Posts
2019 S63 4Matic+, 2018 E400 Cabrio, wardens car.
If you paid with credit card I would take it up with them.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:43 AM
bha

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
13 GL350, 14 SL550
I bought two front W221 airmatic struts from them exactly two years ago.

They worked out great. The original OEM strut had a clunk in the left side ball joint (my car is a 4matic) and they only way to fix it was to replace the strut. So bought a pair of RMT struts and replaced both. Neither strut had any other problem.

A year ago the left strut started clunking AGAIN. They obviously only "rebuilt" the strut by replacing the air cell and nothing else. I basically installed a used strut with a new air cell.

And a few months ago the right one now has a sensor error (the sensor is in the strut and can't be replaced) every time I start the car.

I think they replace the air cell and send out the old strut. I have used Arnotts and put lots and lots of mileage on them, and what they call a rebuilt is basically a new strut.. they replace all parts whether worn or not. I think RMT only replaces the obviously bad stuff and ships it out.

Never again. Going back to Arnott's. I am not going to bother with RMT and their warranties because I'm sure they'll tell me it has been over a year and they don't want to deal with me. Not interested in wasting time to call them, nor do I want them to send me new struts because I'm not paying to have their struts installed on my car -- I want something good that will last.

Don't buy from Rebuild Master Tech unless they improve SIGNIFICANTLY!
The following users liked this post:
The Thomas J (09-05-2021)