S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Currently in an Audi A8L, but looking to maybe try an S-Class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking
Currently in an Audi A8L, but looking to maybe try an S-Class

I'm looking at purchasing a potential S Class 550 2012 at my local dealership and wanted to gather some opinions from the forum. I've read a few threads through the search feature and it seems these cars are enjoyable but when things go wrong they get expensive real quick. Anything I should be concerned about for a 12' or 13' S-Class? Common issues?

I'd also like to know if there was a button for the massage seat feature for the front passengers, and whether it's easy to look at these cars and tell if the drivers assistance package is on the car or not? As a background, I am coming from a 2006 Audi A8L and looking to upgrade to either a 7-series, S-Class or maybe stick with Audi. But I like the looks of the S-Class so I'm interested in maybe making the switch. Opinions from former Audi owners or anyone who has an S-Class is welcome.

Last edited by Jerry Duvall; 09-17-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:52 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2016 S212
'12 and '13 are nowhere near the earlier ones as they are much, much more reliable. That does not mean you will not pay wildly for the maintenance though and really feel it in your pocket. Even if you have a guy you trust.
As for comparison between marques, the benz has all the performance potential and capabilities as the other ones do but the velvet white glove factor is up and by a substantial factor, to the point it masks performance.... Or so I thought in the beginning....