S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Recommendation for Oil Extractor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 S550 4Matic
Recommendation for Oil Extractor

I'm in the market for an electric oil extractor. Anyone like what they are using? Do you guys measure the extracted oil to make sure you got it all? Can all the oil be accessed through the dip stick tube? Thanks
Old 06-06-2018, 09:27 AM
bha

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
13 GL350, 14 SL550
I just use one of these.. works on 3 MB's (including one diesel)

Amazon Amazon

There are lots of clones of this item.. just find the cheapest one as they are all the same.

Plug one end of the hose into another when before you put it away, and no drips or leaks (plug the input hose into the output hose)

Some tips:
-Cut a very slight angle to the tip of the input tube, so it doesn't vacuum itself to the oil pan when it bottoms out.
-Mark the depth on the tube with a piece of tape, so you can easily know where it should bottom out the next time you use it on the same car
-I usually drain about half the oil, then shut it off for 5 mins while changing jugs so I don't overwork the pump. Not sure if it is designed for long (20+ mins) run times or not, but I'm playing it safe
-There is a positive terminal under the hood on most MB's, very easy to access. Then just ground it on any metal nearby
-Put an old windshield washer jug in the engine compartment, sitting on a radiator hose or any other opening. Holds the jug upright and you can easily collect the oil
-Watch the jug VERY carefully as you don't want to turn your back and have oil overflow out of the jug because it is full! I never leave the garage while the pump is running, just to be safe.
-Punch a hole in a washer fluid jug cap the size of the output hose. Then just take an empty jug, screw your "cap with a hole" on it, and push the tube in. Saves having to tape or clamp the hose to the jug so it doesn't pop out while the extractor is running.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 182 Likes on 152 Posts
s550 Diamond white amg pano
I got the one from bavarian auto, It holds 10 qrts. was the biggest capacity i could find and my viper has 9-10 qrts. It a manual pump but doesnt take much to get the oil out. Def get the largest capacity reservoir no one wants to stop mid change to empty the oil.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:06 PM

Received 164 Likes on 125 Posts
2007 S550 4Matic
Originally Posted by bha
I just use one of these.. works on 3 MB's (including one diesel)

https://www.amazon.com/Extractor-Ele...actor+electric

There are lots of clones of this item.. just find the cheapest one as they are all the same.

Plug one end of the hose into another when before you put it away, and no drips or leaks (plug the input hose into the output hose)

Some tips:
-Cut a very slight angle to the tip of the input tube, so it doesn't vacuum itself to the oil pan when it bottoms out.
-Mark the depth on the tube with a piece of tape, so you can easily know where it should bottom out the next time you use it on the same car
-I usually drain about half the oil, then shut it off for 5 mins while changing jugs so I don't overwork the pump. Not sure if it is designed for long (20+ mins) run times or not, but I'm playing it safe
-There is a positive terminal under the hood on most MB's, very easy to access. Then just ground it on any metal nearby
-Put an old windshield washer jug in the engine compartment, sitting on a radiator hose or any other opening. Holds the jug upright and you can easily collect the oil
-Watch the jug VERY carefully as you don't want to turn your back and have oil overflow out of the jug because it is full! I never leave the garage while the pump is running, just to be safe.
-Punch a hole in a washer fluid jug cap the size of the output hose. Then just take an empty jug, screw your "cap with a hole" on it, and push the tube in. Saves having to tape or clamp the hose to the jug so it doesn't pop out while the extractor is running.
The dipstick tube runs all the way down to the bottom of the pan and all you need to do is create an airtight seal at the top of the tube and that will allow you to siphon all of the oil out. Don't bother trying to extend your tube into the dipstick tube because that's not how it's done at the dealership.
The following users liked this post:
SilberGrau57 (06-09-2018)
Old 06-09-2018, 02:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 S550 4Matic
What are you guys using to make the airtight seal at the dip stick tube? Rubber grommet?
Old 06-09-2018, 08:21 PM

Received 164 Likes on 125 Posts
2007 S550 4Matic
Originally Posted by supralance
What are you guys using to make the airtight seal at the dip stick tube? Rubber grommet?
I used one of the large plugs that came with the MityVac MV7201, fits in there perfectly.