S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Excellent detailer in Chicago NW suburbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 482 Likes on 368 Posts
2015 S550
Thumbs up Excellent detailer in Chicago NW suburbs

I've decided to post this here too since I used to spend so much time on the W221 board.

Since I was out of town all of last week, I decided to have my beast fully detailed, including 3 step paint correction, sanding and repainting of spots on the front and rear bumper, touch up of paint chips, Flightshield ceramic coating of all painted surfaces and all wheels (good for 5+ years), glass coating, and full interior detail. The paint correction alone took 16 hours! My former service adviser at Lexus for many years decided to pursue his real passion of detailing cars, trucks, boats, RV's, and airplanes some years ago. I ran into him again by chance and am I ever happy that I did. He made my tired looking rig look better than new. And he did it all for about half the cost that I was quoted elsewhere. Here is a short video of his work on my truck (Facebook video....not sure if it will work, but I've requested a YouTube link that I'll post when available).

Facebook Post

360 Customs in West Dundee. The owner is Sean Horvath and he's top notch.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Here's a link to the website: https://www.360customs.net/
Old 07-19-2018, 09:34 PM

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
Mercedes Benz S600
Looks great. I'd be very interested in still images of a flashlight on the black paint to see how well he got the swirls and holograms. Black is gorgeous but so, so tough to own for OCD peeps!
Old 07-19-2018, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
Originally Posted by lionsfan54
Looks great. I'd be very interested in still images of a flashlight on the black paint to see how well he got the swirls and holograms. Black is gorgeous but so, so tough to own for OCD peeps!
There were lots of swirls and holograms prior to the paint correction. Now there are none. He uses some sort of black or infrared light to inspect the paint prior to coating. It looks better than new.

I just purchased a 3100 psi pressure washer, foam cannon, and water de-ionizer for the rinse. I shouldn't ever have to touch the paint again for any washes, nor will I have to touch it for the drying as it will dry spot free after the de-ionized rinse. I'm looking forward to much easier and quicker washes.
The following users liked this post:
lionsfan54 (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 09:39 AM

Mercedes Benz S600
Originally Posted by DaveW68
There were lots of swirls and holograms prior to the paint correction. Now there are none. He uses some sort of black or infrared light to inspect the paint prior to coating. It looks better than new.

I just purchased a 3100 psi pressure washer, foam cannon, and water de-ionizer for the rinse. I shouldn't ever have to touch the paint again for any washes, nor will I have to touch it for the drying as it will dry spot free after the de-ionized rinse. I'm looking forward to much easier and quicker washes.
I checked out his site and his prices for the detail he does are quite reasonable! I'm glad he fixed your black paint. As someone who has tried, in his own garage, to correct my black car, it's a long, painstaking process.

The ceramic coating thing feels like a gimmick to be honest, but I could be wrong. I'm always SO skeptical of any polish that claims it will last more than a month or so.

Your idea of the foam cannon etc, is a GREAT move (I just picked one up too)
Old 07-20-2018, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
I checked out his site and his prices for the detail he does are quite reasonable! I'm glad he fixed your black paint. As someone who has tried, in his own garage, to correct my black car, it's a long, painstaking process.

The ceramic coating thing feels like a gimmick to be honest, but I could be wrong. I'm always SO skeptical of any polish that claims it will last more than a month or so.

Your idea of the foam cannon etc, is a GREAT move (I just picked one up too)
It's not a polish. It's an actual ceramic glass coating. The Flightshield coating I have is warrantied for 5 years and has 9H+ hardness...the same as your smart phone screen. I'll never have to polish or wax again. There are tons of videos on YouTube that show the hydrophobic properties of ceramic coating, even years after being applied. Washing is now a breeze.
The following users liked this post:
lionsfan54 (07-20-2018)
Old 07-20-2018, 11:08 AM

Mercedes Benz S600
Originally Posted by DaveW68
It's not a polish. It's an actual ceramic glass coating. The Flightshield coating I have is warrantied for 5 years and has 9H+ hardness...the same as your smart phone screen. I'll never have to polish or wax again. There are tons of videos on YouTube that show the hydrophobic properties of ceramic coating, even years after being applied. Washing is now a breeze.
That's awesome. They did your wheels too? So, does the nasty Mercedes brake dust come right off with just a hose?
Old 07-20-2018, 11:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 S550
That's awesome. They did your wheels too? So, does the nasty Mercedes brake dust come right off with just a hose?
Yes, wheels were coated too....exterior and the barrels. Brake dust comes off easily without much effort at all.