S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

how do keep video playing when driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W221 320 cdi
how do keep video playing when driving

I have just purchased the below described equipment to get some form of phone integration to my 2007 W221. I must say it actually works, however there is one major problem.

The video screen is turns off when you start to drive, I realise whey mercedes does this but I need it to stay on when using the navigation app of the iPhone. Is there a way to bypass this safety feature?

See below for the parts used to get phone integration.

Old 03-17-2022, 06:58 AM

mercedes cl500
Exclamation w216 android auto sound

ok i hope someone on here may be able to help with an audio problem, i purchased a chinese android auto unit, which works almost perfectly, the problem i have is that when switching between android auto and the ntg menu the sound cuts out so i cant adjust the bass or treble while music is playing
its not a massive problem but i cannot understand why it does it, the audio is routed to the aux input which is ok when on the android auto screen but there are no sound adjustments on android auto. as soon as i switch to the NTG menu the sound cuts out, the song doesnt pause at all it just
doesnt output sound anymore, if i plug something into the aux ports in the glove box i get nothing at all in either screen, someone please help.
Old 03-17-2022, 03:26 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2012 s550 4matic
interested in answer too
Old 03-18-2022, 09:36 AM

mercedes cl500
Originally Posted by aberrill
I have just purchased the below described equipment to get some form of phone integration to my 2007 W221. I must say it actually works, however there is one major problem.

The video screen is turns off when you start to drive, I realise whey mercedes does this but I need it to stay on when using the navigation app of the iPhone. Is there a way to bypass this safety feature?

See below for the parts used to get phone integration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDMFmnSLmu8
there is a way but i only found out through mercedes das diagnostic software, you have to tell the system that it has an aftermarket navigation system so when it uses the video in from the glove box it thinks its a navigation system so keeps the screen alive. this was done on my 2007 cl500 which is
basically the same as your w221, i had to buy the diagnostic software but it works brilliantly, you will need a Tactrix pro openport 2.0 diagnostic interface a usb cable to your laptop and the mercedes DAS software which is downloadable.
or just take it to a local garage that may have mercedes DAS already. hope this helps cos i had the same problem, in the end i just bought an android auto box that hides behind the multichanger, its only android auto but it completely modernises
the original screen,.

Last edited by nomisreprah; 03-18-2022 at 09:45 AM.