S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

AdBlue Engine start not possible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz S-Class W221
AdBlue Engine start not possible

Hello guys!
I have a big problem with my 2011 S350 Bluetec
I had an error with the AdBlue system. Had it before, replaced adblue injector all good. After a few months AdBlue Visit Workshop came up, started to cowntdown km from 800. Reached about 500 km remaining than started to reset itself begining again and again from 800km remaining.
They recalibrated the injector, all good.
After a few months on a trip between countries, AGAIN tje error AdBlue visisit workshop (please note that it's visit workshop not refill, adblue tank is full) starte to countdown from 800 km and i had 850 till my destination. This time it did not reset so i ended up with the gorgepus error of: Adblue Engine start not possible and of course...engine start is not possible. To make the matters worse the car is parked underground, level -2 with height restrictions and tight entries so it cannot be towed to dealership.
My question for you guys is if the car can be started with the C6 star offline doagnose.
In my country i can find the STAR C6 with the latest software for about 1k€ but of course it's all offline.
Do you have any idea if it will work if i buy it?
And if it would, what should i look for in a Star diagnose? What must it have to work?
I hope i am specific enough cause in this domain i am a noob.
Thank you guys in advance!
Old 10-17-2019, 11:34 PM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
2012 S350 Bluetec 4MATIC; 2011 ML350; 2005 C230k;
Yes you can reset the warning and start the car if you have STAR. You can actually use C3 with this car, it is cheaper.
You will need to navigate to Control units --> Drive --> SCR --> Control unit adaptations --> Cancelation of limitation of remaining distance and follow the instructions.
The following users liked this post:
C.zaharia247 (10-18-2019)
Old 10-18-2019, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz S-Class W221
Originally Posted by artim808
Yes you can reset the warning and start the car if you have STAR. You can actually use C3 with this car, it is cheaper.
You will need to navigate to Control units --> Drive --> SCR --> Control unit adaptations --> Cancelation of limitation of remaining distance and follow the instructions.
Thank you very much for your quick response. You are a life saver. I will go ahead and purchase the star, i did not know if it was worth it.
Have a nice day buddy