S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

what happened if you place fuse in the empty location

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 4matic 2008
what happened if you place fuse in the empty location

Hi
I was wondering, about some empty fuses space in the fuse box if I could place fuses on them will that make any problems? I feel I am missing fuse but not sure if I place in the empty fuses as it shows in my fuses diagram will that make a load on the circuit ?
Old 12-28-2019, 03:53 AM

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts
12 C200, 12 C180, 10 Fuso Warrior crew cab, 08 RTV ute, 05 Smart Fortwo cabrio, 09 Smart Fortwo
It will go Bang and catch fire ............

You should be able to see if it has the fuse connector both sides, sometimes if the car is not going to have a option it will have the battery side of the fuse there but the wiring side will be missing.

Just throw the recommended fuse in it, you cant blow anything up, the circuit is set to take the load and if there is a short it will blow the fuse.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550 4matic 2008
Originally Posted by prktkljokr
It will go Bang and catch fire ............

You should be able to see if it has the fuse connector both sides, sometimes if the car is not going to have a option it will have the battery side of the fuse there but the wiring side will be missing.

Just throw the recommended fuse in it, you cant blow anything up, the circuit is set to take the load and if there is a short it will blow the fuse.
when I added fuse in the empty place, I checkd the fuses and there is a voltage in these areas
Old 12-28-2019, 09:37 AM

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts
12 C200, 12 C180, 10 Fuso Warrior crew cab, 08 RTV ute, 05 Smart Fortwo cabrio, 09 Smart Fortwo
if one side of the fuse is connected to power the fuse will have power both sides when checked, but it does not mean that the circuit continues from that point onward, there may not be a connector in 1 side of the fuse holder, or what the fuse is marked for may not be plugged into the fuse block.

Like for example my sedan has a sunroof, the fuse is in the sunroof spot in the fuse block, my coupe does not have a sunroof, but it has a sunroof fuse spot in the fuse block with no fuse, so unless your car has every single option fitted from factory it will have empty fuse spots in the fuse block.