S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

New To Me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2020 | 11:48 PM

S550
New To Me

Hi all;

Hope things are good and folks are feeling well.

This is parked in my driveway as of 8:00 PM tonight.

https://www.alphacars.com/vehicle-de...ma-id-25674765

Traded my 2008 S550 with 170,000 miles on it for this one.

I was driving it just 2 days and a warning light came on. It was the suspension. Went to them for an estimate. Total came to a few dollars short of $5,000. I love the car but was not going to spend that kind of money.

So the above car was available and I got it. It is gorgeous. I have never even see that color before. I think this one is a good upgrade from the last. It seems that they changed so many things, even slightly, for the better.

I love the new one.

I post this not only to say hello and share news, but I'm also hoping that if you have any wisdom, tips or info on this model I need to know.

Anything to look out for?

Would YOU buy and after market warranty?

Last edited by Bklyn; 11-11-2020 at 12:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (11-11-2020)
Old 11-11-2020 | 06:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Depends on the weather
Congrats on your new car.

I hope you talked them down from that "certified" price of $28k though with 83k miles and accident damage, although it sounds pretty minor. I also question if they included those "value added improvements" in the price.

Did you shop around before buying this specific one? In looking at the carfax report, do you have any further knowledge about the service history?

From a quick glance, I see some 13's offered for significantly less with lowers miles. As long as you are happy is all that matters, but just wondering.

If you spend some time reading through past threads, there are many common issues some people encounter and some don't experience any issues at all.

Good luck and enjoy it.

Old 11-11-2020 | 10:33 AM

Exige S | V70R | CTS-V wagon | JKUR | 13 S65 (Mocha/Armagnac)
Does your state have "cooling off" periods? If so, that car needs to go back.

No offense, but an S550 with that many miles needs to have every service record since new and be priced under $15,000.
Old 11-11-2020 | 05:26 PM

S550
Originally Posted by WHPH28
Congrats on your new car.

I hope you talked them down from that "certified" price of $28k though with 83k miles and accident damage, although it sounds pretty minor. I also question if they included those "value added improvements" in the price.

Did you shop around before buying this specific one? In looking at the carfax report, do you have any further knowledge about the service history?

From a quick glance, I see some 13's offered for significantly less with lowers miles. As long as you are happy is all that matters, but just wondering.

If you spend some time reading through past threads, there are many common issues some people encounter and some don't experience any issues at all.

Good luck and enjoy it.
Hey, thanks for the input.

I used to live 10 minutes from these guys and they sold me my last car. I trust them and trust with those who sell and fix autos is not easy for me. They have never not taken good care of me.
Old 11-11-2020 | 05:27 PM

S550
Originally Posted by JJKCMO
Does your state have "cooling off" periods? If so, that car needs to go back.

No offense, but an S550 with that many miles needs to have every service record since new and be priced under $15,000.
You are right. I could have looked through auto trader.com or some of the other but these guys are close to me and my relationship with teen has been great.