S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Air Compressor ? - Tire Pressure Sensors ? - Water Separator ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 07:15 PM

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
2013 s550
Air Compressor ? - Tire Pressure Sensors ? - Water Separator ?

Just bought a 4 gallon 200 PSI air compressor to blow out the cowl drains on my S550 and it works great for this.

My question is: when using it to air up my tires on my S550, should I be using an air water separator on the compressor so any water that may be in the air won't wreck the tire pressure sensors inside the tires? Or does moisture not hurt the sensors?

The compressor does have a drain valve at the bottom of the tank which I open when I'm finished using it and I do see a little moisture come out that valve when I open it.

Any advice on this would be appreciated as I'm not that knowledgeable about air compressors!

Here's what I bought, it has no water separator on it.

Old 03-17-2021, 04:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
I think your air compressor is good, tell me, is it suitable for a truck? Thank you!
Old 03-17-2021, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drive
I think you should use an air-water separator on the compressor because moisture does hurt the sensors. The air compressed by the compressor often has moisture or oil particles that are not welcome in the system. A compressor separator is installed to remove impurities from compressed air. The separator starts to treat the compressed air before feeding it into the pneumatic equipment. I hope I helped you with this problem. Also, it's important to use qualitative oil for your air compressor https://kylesgarage.com/best-air-compressor-oil/if you want it to work longer. By the way, I think this model of the air compressor can be used with a truck.