S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Mirror, Steering Wheel, radio issues.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Mirror, Steering Wheel, radio issues.....

hello! i have a 2007 S550 original owner. i got it for a steal, and I adore this car and it's been good to me (260,000 kms). I've taken care of it and currently am seeing some things occur to which I'd like some assistance in knowing how to present it to a mechanic so I don't hopefully end up spending copious $$ with them 'assessing the issue' before doing repairs. I've done my own research but would love other opinions. These issues may be unrelated but I'll put the approx. timeline: 2 years ago......AM radio started to sporadically have static noise. 1 year ago.....right side mirror will sometimes get stuck and not open, i have to have someone apply some pressure while I push the button. 6 months ago......side mirrors will not hold their memory and I have to readjust every time I drive. 2 months ago......steering wheel will not move up or down. it can move in or out. I have tried the 'pound on it' suggestions, checked the fuse, when I push on the up/down bar the internal mechanism make a click-type sound and that's it. I'm guessing the motor is gone? Lastly but not too important is the lumbar settings on the drivers side doesn't hold it's position/memory. not a big deal but thought I'd throw it on here.

ps: i've not done any type of 'computer' update (if there is such a thing) in over a decade i'm sure.

Anyway, I'd sincerely appreciate any direction. I'd prefer not to take this to mercedes and I have an excellent and fair mechanic and would like to provide him as much info as possible. Thank you for your time!
kind regards, adele