S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Command (or LIN bus) problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 06:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
S550
Command (or LIN bus) problem

My main question is: do I take to a dealership or wait?
2010 S550 bought in October. It has problems but the car is otherwise nice. I'm only going to list one problem.
The temperature and fan controls don't work. I can change the numbers for fan speed or temperature but doesn't really do anything. When it as cold out I could turn the temperature down and that would slightly work but that could just be in my head; mostly controlled the heat by turning the comfort off or on. AC doesn't work, no cold air.
I've had the vehicle to an authorized repair center, three times, and they say they can fix "it" but cannot get parts. And not throwing shade on the mechanic, they are seriously overloaded with repairs and cannot get parts for the other vehicles either.
Mechanic said the controller isn't putting out the lin bus signal. And he said he would repair it, because I asked about just replacing the controller.

And that's my story.
Old 05-28-2021, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 863 Likes on 721 Posts
S500
they must be incompetent crooks - there are enough parts on eBay to make about 2000 w221s from scratch
seriously overloaded tends to mean don't have a clue how a 221 works..... few do, find a sensible long standing independent merc garage - which country are you in ?