S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

reset suspenssion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s350
reset suspenssion

Hello Everyone ,
My car S350 2007 model rear suspension is very low and front is very high , i tried to lift the rear and lower the front using star, but the levels i set doesnt stay the same and goes back to lower rear and higher front again,
any one knows how to set the vehicle level properly so it stays at the right height ?
the car used to have same levels but driving was very stiff so i started manipulating the suspension level and now i got stuck with very low rear and high front, suspensions
i used initial startup option in das to do the lifting and level calibration manually it does change the value but it doesnt stick
i appreciate it if anyone can guide me on how to calibrate the levels properly and what level values i should put for proper ride ...
thanks
Old 03-06-2022, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 946 Likes on 778 Posts
S500
the adjustment NEVER goes out of factory settings - unless an idiot has tampered with the system (and even here they built in a system - it seems your are describing - where it doesn't actually save when you fiddle anyway)

The airmatic cars do suffer from sensors not receiving the correct suspension position - this is due to the small plastic ball joints on the rods from the suspension arm to the level sensor being seized solid
the first port of call is ALWAYS to check the little arms move on the ball joints freely and the sensor is still connected to the suspension arm

The following users liked this post:
pmds (03-07-2022)
Old 03-07-2022, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
you can change ride height on airmatic - with dealer tools and or via high end two way comms after-market diagnostic kit

but three high end independent garages two with on-line dealer kit never managed on mine - you are supposed to type back in numbers given by inclinometer angle sensors fitted to the suspension arms in all 4 corners in a certain order

What it seems to do is deciding someone is tampering, rather than calibrating, so it plays along then throws all your work away...

Check and lube all three level sensors,
Go for a 10 mile drive to warm the dampers and air in the air springs and get things moving
Follow the crazy half hearted warm up session wearing out the pump going up and down an inch twice in each direction or it doesn't seem to take the settings at any point
If you don't move every corner you can't save ANY settings
If you don't go on to the second, front rear calibration step, it doesn't save anything (which seems remarkable I never read about this anywhere ??)
If you try new heights, but then save with the same numbers it ignores all the work you did
If you need to let air out, give up it disturbs the pressure in the strut and goes random on completion
It has a mind of its own and doesn't stay where you asked it anyway
I don't see how a dealer could get this right in a time frame that's affordable / ever

after the 10 hours I spent attacking the stupid thing, I finally got the left rear to go up 30mm and stay there siting at its correct height - and 6 months on its still there - which is more than three garages have done in 6 attempts over eight years !!!
  • What should be simple is pathetic, why on earth can't you just drive about adjust a corner let it settle and save the result !!!

At times you'd swear the wrong pipe is on the wrong corner... puts **** loads of air in the right rear and the left front goes up 10 mm - all rather amazing as you can hear which corner is actually getting the air !!!

Last edited by BOTUS; 03-07-2022 at 01:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Senecat (03-07-2022)
Old 03-09-2022, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s350
Hi
Thank you for the replies ,
i was able to solve the issue ,
all i had to do was going through initial startup settings in das suspension section and set the levels manually to my liking,and then pressing f2 to set the inclination values as per suggested range , i put 1.9 for front and -2 for rear ...and applied the changes , a day is passed and car level is fine ...
i previously had just tried to change level values without pressing f2 and not setting inclination values ,
Old 03-09-2022, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500
Originally Posted by pmds
Hi
i put 1.9 for front and -2 for rear ...and applied the changes , a day is passed and car level is fine ...
i previously had just tried to change level values without pressing f2 and not setting inclination values ,
thats about right

three people with Xentry tired on mine they never got it to save anything at all
my fun where I did get it was with Snap On Solus Ultra