S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

(Video) HELP! Stealership “Complimentary” S600 Service now problem…

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2022, 08:21 AM

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
S600
(Video) HELP! Stealership “Complimentary” S600 Service now problem…

Hey all,

Friday I went in for a brake inspection on my 07 S600 after replacing them just 7 months ago due to a subtle pulsation in the pedal when braking from 30mph or higher.

They recommended I get new pads and rotors, stating the pulsation was coming from warping and since everything was under warranty they replaced everything no charge on parts only labor.

The service technician then told me they felt the right wheel bearing needed adjustment and they would be doing that as a “complimentary service” at no additional charge.

When the service was completed the brakes were feeling good and stopping with absolutely no pulsation but I noticed as I pulled into the garage when I returned home the right side seemed to be squealing/squeaking.

I rolled down my passenger side window to hear better because the cabin is ridiculously quiet and low and behold it was definitely a squeaky sound. I then straightened the steering wheel and placed my hands at 3 and 9 and moved the wheels back and forth and I was getting a consistent clunky sound from the right/passenger side and all I could think was this so called “complimentary” wheel bearing adjustment.

I recently had all control arms replaced (2 months ago) so there’s been only stone cold silence and silky smoothness from the suspension.

FFWD 2 days later to this morning, the car brakes perfectly and the ride is smooth as silk as usual (allegedly I took it her up to 135mph seamlessly) but the squeaky/clunky sound seems to be progressing.

Is there any connection here?

Is there a specific question I should ask when I go back or request I can make regarding the wheel bearing adjustment because it seems this is no coincidence?

Heres a short clip of the clunky sound:

https://youtube.com/shorts/GnjrRmnodi4?feature=share

Heres a short clip of the squeaky sound:
https://youtube.com/shorts/RaXs2mNyduY?feature=share

Last edited by V12mrinc; 03-28-2022 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-27-2022, 08:22 AM

S600
Old 03-27-2022, 08:44 AM

S600
Old 03-28-2022, 08:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W221 S class 550
Oh wow

Not sure what that is but I'm sure the experts on here will probably know..
Mercedes sent me a complimentary check in my email and I'm scared to death to take mine in..I have no known or noticeable problems but I feel soon as I take it In there will be noticeable problems when i leave.. i just dont trust them....Hey invest in a great scanner for future issues.. this forum and scanner has helped out alot.. I currently have autel im608 and I purchased a Chinese Mercedes star c6 with laptop.... Good luck
The following users liked this post:
V12mrinc (03-28-2022)
Old 03-28-2022, 11:04 AM

S600
Originally Posted by Cuzzo
Not sure what that is but I'm sure the experts on here will probably know..
Mercedes sent me a complimentary check in my email and I'm scared to death to take mine in..I have no known or noticeable problems but I feel soon as I take it In there will be noticeable problems when i leave.. i just dont trust them....Hey invest in a great scanner for future issues.. this forum and scanner has helped out alot.. I currently have autel im608 and I purchased a Chinese Mercedes star c6 with laptop.... Good luck
Hey Cuzzo,

Your initial response to that email for a “complimentary check” is exactly right…RUN in the opposite direction!!! I don’t trust them either.

And yes, this forum has easily saved me upwards of 5-figures in parts and labor on my V12 beast. I’ll definitely look into your scanner recommendation too!

I’m trying to hold off taking the beast back to the stealership before hearing from the forum I really don’t think this is a coincidence especially because I’ve never even heard of “adjustment” on wheel bearings only rebuilding or replacing upon some type of sign of wear.